TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I dont have it but hopefully should have it in 2 weeks. I cant wait. Iv been reading on the xbox forums about people likeing it. I actually played the demo version at best buy and target yesterday of call of duty 2 and all i can say is wow :). One suggestion for whoever gets it when you get it home let it get back to room temp if it has been out in the cold forawhile. People have been posting that they brought it home and it froze and some people have thought of the cold as being the problem with a little bit of condensation on the boards. Also keep it in a well ventelated area. Its got 3 cpus running at 3.2ghz it needs cold air :)

-Matt-

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
i got it...got the premium pack
paid it off over a month ago, did it in payments so i'll i did was pick it on the day it was released...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thats cool, I didnt get mines yet but I had a friend that said he waited 13hr's in line to get it. He said he was number 2 in line and My other friend works at circuit city and he was telling me that people was camping out just to get the system. My friend that waited 13hr's though was smart with it though because he turned around and put it on ebay and sold it for about 850.00. I wish I would've done that. :D

·
AnimeWhore
1,796 Posts
Getting my hands on a 360 was quite an adventure...
Around 3:30pm Monday afternoon I called Wal-Mart and asked them if they were going to be selling the 360 at midnight and I was told that people were already starting to line up to grab one of the 14 systems they had to give out at midnight. After spending a few minutes swearing and debating if it was worth it or not I decided to leave work around 4pm to get my *** in line. Around that time I also started to develop a mild sore throat.
Once I got to walmart I sat in line for over 7 hours and with each passing hour I felt worse and worse. The mild sore throat that I had at 4pm turned into a full-blown "feel-like-crap" cold, But I did manage to get one...just barely. Only two people behind me got theirs, everyone else was turned away.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Steve Cougar 25th said:
...waiting for the PS3. :D
And PS4 and PS5. You all know that it will eventually be for-real life "gaming.

I will wait until the PS3 or 360 is out for a year or so, and only costs $150-$200. That is how it ALWAYS is!!!! Also, I would rather Xbox work out all of the bugs before purchasing something that expensive!

-Kornhaus

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope you ps3 lovers are ready to only be playing the game you buy on the system you put it on because from now on you cannot play games that has been put on someone elses system. Reason being is because the disc have like a virus that only works on the system you put it on so In other words, no borrowing or renting games :D

sucks doesnt it?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
flawLess_whiP said:
I hope you ps3 lovers are ready to only be playing the game you buy on the system you put it on because from now on you cannot play games that has been put on someone elses system. Reason being is because the disc have like a virus that only works on the system you put it on so In other words, no borrowing or renting games :D

sucks doesnt it?
BS!!!! Sony wouldn't be stupid enough to do something like that. Now, I might believe that they put a "virus" of some sort in the disc so that no one can make a COPY of it. But sharing the games and renting will be allowing. I would almost put money down on it.

-Kornhaus

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A PATENT may allow Sony to ensure that no game would be playable from any console other than the one in which it was first read.

Joystiq is reporting that this patent is the source of the many rumours that will mean as much to gamers as DRM is for music fans.

The technology would allow an authentication code to be read and then rendered unreadable, making the software unplayable on any machine but the one which first read it.

But this has caused considerable backlash from the gaming community. While many are aware of the double profit companies make on pre-owned games, this would ensure the death of trading games between friends and even going to a friend's house to play a little multiplayer.

No less than Ken Kataguri himself is listed among the inventors, which makes it look like this is a move that came from very high up. It has already been pointed out that many Playstation users have had to replace their console, surely this would leave us high and dry in that event.

While the PS3 hasn't been expressly mentioned in the patent in English or Japanese it would be the obvious place to employ this new technology, regardless of how little gamers will appreciate it. Between this and the DRM scandal, Sony could be looking at a serious drop in interest in the PS3. You can be sure you'll see more on this as it develops. As gamers, we can only hope that modern technology won't undermine the tried and tested barter system.

Ps3 sucks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes they have done it with the newer sony cds....u cant even play it but on one system and you cant even put them on an ipod

thats why I dont like Sony but alot of people dont know about this and they think its going to be better then x360 but I dont think so

·
Registered
161 Posts
flawLess_whiP said:
A PATENT may allow Sony to ensure that no game would be playable from any console other than the one in which it was first read.

Joystiq is reporting that this patent is the source of the many rumours that will mean as much to gamers as DRM is for music fans.

The technology would allow an authentication code to be read and then rendered unreadable, making the software unplayable on any machine but the one which first read it.

But this has caused considerable backlash from the gaming community. While many are aware of the double profit companies make on pre-owned games, this would ensure the death of trading games between friends and even going to a friend's house to play a little multiplayer.

No less than Ken Kataguri himself is listed among the inventors, which makes it look like this is a move that came from very high up. It has already been pointed out that many Playstation users have had to replace their console, surely this would leave us high and dry in that event.

While the PS3 hasn't been expressly mentioned in the patent in English or Japanese it would be the obvious place to employ this new technology, regardless of how little gamers will appreciate it. Between this and the DRM scandal, Sony could be looking at a serious drop in interest in the PS3. You can be sure you'll see more on this as it develops. As gamers, we can only hope that modern technology won't undermine the tried and tested barter system.

Ps3 sucks
They won't do this for the US versions, simply because of the amount of money that is made from pre-owned games and places that rent games.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah they tried some crap with the Sony Music label but it caused an outrage among consumers so I doubt they'd do something like this for the PS3 lol What about all the places that buy games to rent out? lol

It's crazy though games are looking like the computer animated cartoons such as Toy Story, Monsters Inc and whatnot... I wonder though would it still be fun once playing a game is like watching HDTV? Maybe too realistic?

·
Registered
817 Posts
no, itll get to the point where creating a game that visually complex takes years. i mean, most games now already take 1-2 years depending on their complexity and graphical detail. halo2 took 2 years if i remember. Gran Turismo took what, 3 years or something, even though it didnt really have anything more to add to the game but a few more cars and better replay graphics(yet the same ****ty in game graphics and realism)

and you think sony gives a **** if they put others out of business? as long as theyre making money.

and if you look at the specs of 360 and PS3, the PS3 really isnt that much better, so MS releasing the 360 a whole year or more ahead of PS3 will give them an advantage. while 360 is onto making their second set of games, ps3 will still be releasing their first ones. and by the time PS3 is onto their second set, xbox3 will be in the works. 360 has 1 terraflop of floating system point performance, whereas the PS3 will have 2 terraflops, but its a little different, once you add up what core processors and how many hardware threads each has and the abilities of each, it evens out the playing field. 360 is like this huge turbo, but with a fuel system thats lacking, so it has all this potential, but it cant be used, much like most domestic cars, its very restriced from the factory. PS3 on the other hand, is a fine tuned machine, that runs on its edge straight from the factory, limiting the amount the user can do to it. Me, i like the xbox cause i have mine modded, 0 load times, insanely huge HD, and im sure the 360, within time, will be modded as well. sadly, i dont see modded ps2's, and im probably right to say there wont be many modded ps3's. have fun with your little memory sticks that cant hold more than 512mb, while i have a 20gig removeable Hard drive.

·
AnimeWhore
1,796 Posts
ThomasR91169 said:
...the PS3 will have 2 terraflops...

I don't like how this figure is simply the sum of the FP performance of all the major chips in the system. That's not really how it works.....

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
otakujohn said:
I don't like how this figure is simply the sum of the FP performance of all the major chips in the system. That's not really how it works.....
I am glad someone else understands this. Those people who add chip speeds like that just do it to market it or to sound cool. Although they also think that if 20 of them were in a room togeather, they would have an IQ of 1000 and be geniuses.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
dude i looked at the specs side by side the ps3 is gonna kick the xbox's a$$. the xbox has three processors running at 3.2 ghz, the ps3 has some new sh*t called a cell processor (i dont know what it is but i havent looked at it yet) but it has SEVEN spe's running at 3.2 ghz :eek: compared to the 3 in the xbox. for a grand total of 9.6ghz for xbox and 22.4 ghz for the ps3 THATS JUST INSANE :eek: . and the L2 cache on the xbox is 1 mb the ps3 has 512 kbs (half a mb there) plus 256 mb per SPE and there are 7 of them !! the video processor on the xbox is 500 mhz the ps3's is 550. the ps3 even has two video outputs so you can run dual screens right off the system. (yay no more split screen two player modes :D ) the xbox can support 4 wireless 2.4 ghz comtrollers the ps3 is talkin 7 controllers plus the 4 front usb ports. the xbox has to have a special adapter to have wireless conectivity. the ps3 has bluetooth technology built in so no extra money on adapters.

so i dont know about you but ill take the ps3 cuz all ive ever owned was playstations. plus it just kicks a$$ compared to the xbox (sorry all you xbox guys no offence there just tellin the facts :eek: )

1 - 20 of 56 Posts