TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a qustion, who is running 4.10's and what do you think of em?

-Dennis

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I am, I love them. I do lots of highway driving with them too. They are probably too much for auto xing though.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I have them as well, and I am very pleased with them.

John

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Have 4.30's and am happy with them.

But 4.10's would be perfect for any MN12. Hey, Mustang guys love the 3.73's, and our cars are a few hundred lbs heavier so we need a bit more gearing.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I went with the "only" 3.73 but more stall speed method, works great!

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm going with 4.10's in the Lincoln, lots of Mark Viii owners wished they would've went 4.10's or 4.30's instead of 3.73's...

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Those running the 4.10's or 4.30's, what's your highway rpm's at 70 mph?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
At 2700 I think I'm doing about 60mph.

There is no speedo gear that works with the AOD's and 4.30's, so my speedo reads a bit fast. I have to figure it out by timing myself by 75 seconds on the 1.25 mile blocks around here.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
did you guys upgrade your driveshafts with the 4.10's? if not when does the vibration kick in? is it at normal driving speeds?

Frank

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I upgraded my driveshaft because the ART CARR transmission I got wasn't for a car - but a truck and therefor 1" too long.

Rather than send it back and piss around with shipping and wasting more time - I had an F350 driveshaft shortened to 1" shorter than a stock Cougar Shaft, then had it ballanced.

On jackstands with the drivetrain going about 110mph - NO vibration in the car whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I bought a shaft through Reinhardt. I have had the car way too fast without vibration (on Y rated tires). Sure made a lot of wind noise though.

If you don't have an answer to your RPM question by Friday I'll make a note of it then and let you know.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Didn't have much time to post over the weekend, spent it working on my dad's car and at show and shines. But, I did check to see what I was turning at 70. It was 2500-2600 RPM with a 27" tall tire (255/45/18), close to stock tire height with an 18 inch wheel, if you have 17" wheels, you will most likely have a shorter tire and turn more RPM than that.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Thanks 4 Cam,
I run stock 15" chrome fans with 245/60's. Very close to stock circumference.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Where did you guys pick up the gears from?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Carlover007 said:
Where did you guys pick up the gears from?
Yes, My question is the same...

MG

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
No, we have 8.8 inch rear. I got my gears from Dan Newman, just like all my other Ford parts.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
oh,

ok my bad.... You are right..

I saw this tech article that said 7.5...

good to know :tongue:

MG

·
Registered
871 Posts
I wanted to upgrade to 4.1 gears and a new drive shaft, but should I get the chip before or after the gears?

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Before or at the same time. Your top speed would be like 65 without a chip and 4.10's. I'm just guessing at the top speed, so don't shoot me for being off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts