TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to know who all here plan to keep their T-bird

Does anyone see any long term value for a 91 Sport.
I hear that the Sport is one of about 1,100 produce for that year and 1 out off 2,500 ever made.

Or should I just keep my 80 Z28? although it will take about 10 grand to get it into good shape

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Going to keep my white bird :) MODS under the hood going in this year :)

Keep the Z I wish i still had mine it was a 1979 Z

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Just want to know who all here plan to keep their T-bird
I plan on keeping my '96.

I hear that the Sport is one of about 1,100 produce for that year and 1 out off 2,500 ever made.
Define "long term".

Or should I just keep my 80 Z28? although it will take about 10 grand to get it into good shape
Do you have 10K to get your Z28 into good shape?​

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I plan to keep my alpine green one

·
Super Moderator
7,527 Posts
My 91 cougar will be with me till the day I die. My 89XR7 will probably be with me for a long time too, but I might sell it a long ways down the line. The MarkVIII I will probably keep until it is run into the ground and not worth anything. My 80 firebird I plan on fixing up nice and having some fun with it. I'm not sure if I'll ever sell that one. I had a 79 firebird that I sold, and I regretted it ever since, so the 80 will definitely stay for at least a while.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I am keeping my bird, too much invested to get rid of it now, just need to get off my lazy arse.
Thats how I feel too. Sometimes I wish I would of started with a faster stock car from the get go rather than my LX. But it has been fun.

I want to own an SC for sure though someday

·
Registered
229 Posts
Unfortunately I will not be keeping my t-bird, but it won't be that far away. My dad is thinking about using it as a winter beater. Only thing that sucks is then I get to see it go to ****, because my dad won't do anything to it.:(

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Cars are not a good investment unless it's single or double digit production, and something special. A 1991 Ford Thunderbird Sport is no 1971 Hemi Cuda 426 Convertible. Neither is an 80 Z28.

Have fun with them, but if you think it's an investment, you'll be disappointed.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I plan on keeping it simply because (a) I like it, and (b) it was/is my first car, but I hardly consider it to be a collectible or something that will become a collectible some day.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Same as the others, got too much time and money invested to think of getting rid of it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Mine has to much sentimental valve too me. This is my first car, not to mention my grandfather and I where going to build her up till he past away. So this car is very much apart of me let alone to even fathom getting rid of it. This car will be with me till the day I die

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It's my first car, and my first major project that is really worth while. I don't see myself ever getting rid of the bird voluntarily. She's down due to suspension woes and that has me depressed as can be. I'd imagine if I were to get rid of her it would be worse.

On the up side, the suspension problems have allowed me some time to look into doing a pi swap.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I hope not. :( If I get it working by the time I'm 18 in September I'm never getting rid of it. =)

I also have a sport too! :)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The Cat stays with me.... Unless someone wants to trade me for a Lotus.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i'm planning on getting rid of the cougar, and hoping to upgrade to a newer one with a v8

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Like Greenbird said, it's not a good monetary investment. Just because something gets old doesn't mean it gets valuable. I think an '80 Z28 and a '91 Tbird Sport will both be worth about the same amount of money at some point, and it won't be much. Though I would say the Camaro has a better chance of being worth anything "significant". It'll take a while to get your 10 grand back out of it, though.

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
I'm keeping mine. It was a faithful daily driver for several years, and now is getting a well deserved overhaul. I think I've been rather lucky as I dont have that much invested into the car really. I've shopped well for the parts I've collected, and always have my eyes open for a good bargain.
I love my car, and I actually miss driving it all the time. I dont like my 2004 Mustang GT as much as my 1994 TBird.
She stays:)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts