TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why dont we start a forum of "who to buy from and who not to buy from"?I see a couple guys on here complaining about service and I think it would be good to know who these people are with out searching 20000 different forums.It would have to be legit though,just in the case if someone slips and forgets to send a part but at least keeps in touch is different from someone who takes someones money and loses total contact with them.See what I am saying.It should be highly moderated and facts whould be posted along with the complaint.
Is this a good idea and can it be enforced?
Thanks,
Chris

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the same though.Those are mostly bussiness'.But that could be included in that type of forum.I think that is basically the same as "most wanted" on the main page.But what I am talking about is members of the TCCoA in general that sell and buy parts here.And we all know that is you are a dealer it is illeagl in the forums according to the rules.
Just a thought,
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
935 Posts
Good Idea

At first glimpse of this posts topic I thought it was to do with Flordia Fred and individual sellers...which would only start another board fight. :tongue:

Anyways I think you have a good idea, I saw that over on the Mark VIII sight and it looked helpful but wasn't about individual sellers.

Maybe you could moderate it :confused: ;) :D
Could be a good service but I doubt it will happen, make the TCCoA seem more like EBAY if you ask me :rolleyes:

-Tim

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didnt I say that also????

MadDog2020 said:
I say why open a can of worms.....

There is a reason its only for buisnesss's...
At first I said "no" but then said "but that could be included in that type of forum",correct?Hell,lets just have a forum to make aware who is good to buy from and who isnt,members or businness' all included.Does that sound like a better idea to everyone?

If it is going to happen we need to use the proper channels.This is just a suggestion so the "BIG GUYS" can see that there is a problem and we all have a solution to it.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
Are you talking about forums like www.sccoa.com has? The have 4 forums: Good buyer, Good Seller, Bad Buyer, Bad Seller. I am not sure what to think about these as they are really open to flaming wars between seller and buyer, however, it does help to decide on who to buy from and who to stay away from. I think that if people want this, they should bring it up with the moderators of this site and see what they think.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
Personally, I don't think anyone should be able to slam someone on the boards. If every measure has been taken to research lost parts or parts that never arrived then the members should then turn to administrators of the website and let them decide what to do.

One deal should not ruin someones image or ability to sell parts on a website(there are always exceptions). I've had a pretty good record and I've only dealt with one lost package issue that was resolved after a couple months.

I recommend doing everything in your power to make things right. Some people don't bother contacting the seller and that's wrong. If that fails or you were blatantly ripped off...contact the club president or possible a moderator to take it to the next level.

If you have a good experience I think it pays to post your dealings. The negative can have a pretty bad effect.

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
Well you can use www.heatware.com You enter their email address and if they are a member it will show their feedback left by other members. Another thing we need to get rid of is non serious buyers.. I see the same couple people reply to almost everythread in the for sale forum. If you don't got the money, then don't respond.

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
Non-serious buyers are everywhere. Imagine if you had a company and had to deal with them on the phone. You just have to deal with it in the forums.

The only thing to (possibly) prevent that would be a sticky in those forums.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have seen more and more places do away with the buy and sell. It isn't the owner of the boards problem if there is trouble with a seller or buyer. It is all buyer beware out there.

For the most part I have have no trouble with anyone I bought or sold things to. Mine were of the postal service variety.

·
Registered
589 Posts
What about some way to leave feedback in the persons profile, kida like eBay. I don't know if the board could be setup that way, but at least there wouldn't be any blasting in the forums. This way, if you wanted to check on someone you could just click their profile.

Preston

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well in IMHO it could be structured like a sticky forum, you have a prob, tell the mod of that forum, then let them e-mail the person, ask for a quick resolution, tell the accused whats happening/going to happen and then if no resolution, hey...BadSeller has a sticky about him in the forum.
Its a lot of work from a moderator standpoint, but hey....if it was me, I'd have no problem going the extra mile for the person who allegedly got ripped off...I dont think the moderator of the forum who accepts the responsibilty would have that problem (at least I hope not)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts