TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few sets of RED needles to fit 97 Gauges. $15 shipped per set.

If there is any interest I can get clear needles too.

Also if someone will measure the 89-96 needles I'll see if I can get some for those cars as well.

The ones on the left have the aero looking head. The ones on the right have a round head like stock Tbird needles. I have 3 aero sets and 4 round sets

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,442 Posts
Do you by chance have any pics of these installed?

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
wow you mean matt actually used them... I figured he would hate them or wouldn't have used them cuz the paint would add too much weight. yeah I said it... I'm suprised he hasn't pulled most of the needles off to lose some weight off the car :p

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will have to go back and get a set. When I said clear, I didn't realize they really aren't completely clear. The plastic of the needle itself is clear, but there is a white stripe on the bottom of it (I assume to keep the light from bleeding onto the gauge face at night). But I think the idea is that you can put a colored LED at the base of the needle and make it light up any color you want, and in that case the white would need to stay.

·
Registered
99 Posts
yeah the white is a reflective strip thats what i need i have leds and have already moded my gauge cluster ........i still would like a set of those

·
Registered
283 Posts
I saw these red needles in a cluster that Jason was working with and they really do make the gauges "pop". I would recommend these to all the '97 guys out there! I think he may be looking at getting a few sets together for the older guys...maybe I can talk him into using my 96 as the test car!

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,337 Posts
wow you mean matt actually used them... I figured he would hate them or wouldn't have used them cuz the paint would add too much weight. yeah I said it... I'm suprised he hasn't pulled most of the needles off to lose some weight off the car :p
The needles are molded in red, no weight added;):D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah the white is a reflective strip thats what i need i have leds and have already moded my gauge cluster ........i still would like a set of those
Ok, tell me what you think of these. I put them in a Tbird cluster so you could see how they fit. The speedo, fuel, and water needles are just slightly shorter than stock. The needle for the tach is too long, however you can cut it with a dremel pretty easily. The one in this pic was cut with a dremel. but I will send you a couple of sets so you can do your own cut if you want. Check it out and let me know.

·
Registered
99 Posts
yeah looks good i'll take it. all i need to know is how much and if you accept paypal, and what your paypal address is.

·
Registered
99 Posts
you got cash! cant wait to get these my cluster is gonna be so awesome.:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wow that was some excellent fast shipping, needles are perfect thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts