TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this was worth a shot. The paint on the drivers side of my car by the door and rear window is peeling from a poor repair. I was just wondering if anyone would like to make a buck and paint it for me. I will prob. only have the driverside and front bumper repainted. Or if anyone knows how much that will cost at a shop. This is getting done this summer at the latest. I could prep it.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
If you want to prep it, and drive to OK, I have a guy that will tape and spray it for $100, if you buy the paint. He did my car last week, and while it's not perfect, it's actually a pretty good job, as soon as I wetsand and buff it, it will look as good as any bodyshop does.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Shoot, with that type of quality, for that price, I may drive to OK and have him do my Cougar! :beek:

That looks great! :thumbsup:

There's probably going to be a line of MN12's around the guys block waiting to be painted... :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
708 Posts
What was the cost of the paint, total cost?? That seems very reasonable.

I would charge a bit more.

·
Registered
332 Posts
JustinH said:
Real paint is expensive.

Just sand it down and hit it with rattle can flat black :)
No joke I have seen cars that have done this trying to mimick the Sport Compact Car Silvia S13 that had the "rattle can paint job". The few who have done it right, it actually doesn't look that bad. I've contemplated doing it on the Bird a few times... :eek:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
iirc there's a Cougar running around here with a rattle can white hood that didn't look too bad.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Sometimes tech schools will do work for cost. Like at my brother's school. He figures he can paint the Cougar for a few hundred. Especially since he's in collision repair. So he'll either paint the fender and bumper and fix the rocker panels, or I'm trying to get him to paint it all. He just doesn't want to pay more to paint it all. I may buy it back and would rather have the whole thing painted, and I would be fine with paying the extra. I was saying if he painted it all, he would fix the rock chips on the hood, scratched roof, trunk lid loosing the clear coat, remove the luggage rack, fix the rocker panels and get them painted, the rear 1/4 panel that has a couple rock chips, and the passenger door that has a crease-dent in it. So hopefully he'll do that and it'll look pretty sharp. Especially since it'll only cost like $200 more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts