TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah so I was going to go to my girlfriends house tonight and hang out after I got off work. I come home to take a shwoer first and I decided to check my e-mail before I go. And what do I see? I break up e-mail. DUBBYA TEE EFF! Who breaks up with people through frickin e-mails? I'm kind of angry and confused right now so I think I'll hold off on calling her until I calm down and can actually gather my thoughts. And I can't even crusie around to think (that's what Id o to think) because my brother borrowed my car to deliver pizza because his 95 v8 is on stands because I took it to AAMCO for a free tranny diagnostic and they blew 3rd gear. SOB. I'm gonna go cry.
-Thomas

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hey dont sweat it man. At least you had a girl to dump you!! LOL.. But really man, theres others out there. And if you dont think so, theres always prostitutes :D .

Mike

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But I'm poor :(

Actually she's the first girlfriend I've had in 3 years so I'd say the amount of others out there is rather small.

-Thomas

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Somebody that would break up with you over email doesn't have any backbone. There are plenty others out there like 1Bad-95Cougar already said. If she is answering her phone later (after you calm down) then I think I would tell her what you thought about it. Sucks to hear about the break up though.

Russell

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was broken up with on AIM, so I gave up with anything having to deal with relationships and the W.W.W.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
96bird said:
Somebody that would break up with you over email doesn't have any backbone.
:zwthstpd: play dumb. Act like you never got the email, that'll make it more fun.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Fubarian said:
:zwthstpd: play dumb. Act like you never got the email, that'll make it more fun.
:uppoint: Yeah I vote that option now.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thats Strange

Hey Thomas... Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure things will get better for you. And besides, if she was so lame as to decide to do it that way, she didn't deserve you anyway...

On a lighter note... is there something we should know about you and dubbsy (94TBird UMWTC Prez)? Timing seems kinda freaky :tongue:

http://www.midwestthundercats.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1302

Posted: Nov 11 2003, 11:50 PM
dubbsy wrote:
yep, that's all I gotta say....
Just put on 60 miles trying to sort out my thoughts.....
dropped the "break up" e-mail to the woman I been seein'.....

S'all good... Come hang out with us. We still think your cool

n0esc
UMWTC

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, I actually thought about doing that. I was suppose to meet her at her house at 4 today and I got the e-mail at 3:30. I thought about going over there and acting like nothing had happened to see how she'd react.

Alright you got me. Me and dubbsy been seein eachother. I was only in it for the physical part anyway.

-Thomas

·
Registered
176 Posts
Damn... I knew we were supposed to work on inter-club relations, but don't you think thats taking it a little too far :)

Talk about taking one for the team

-mj

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, she wouldn't answer her phone so we could talk about it. Instead she got on Yahoo. She must not be very comfrontational.

So does the "just friends" thing ever work? I'm gonna have to say no. But that's what she wants. Whatever.

-Thomas

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
Just friends never works, at least not as far as I know, which is too bad. Oh well, but like everyones been saying, there are other people out htere, I didn't used to believe it, now look at me, my goofy self is engaged. You will find someone else, it always happens, trust me. On another note, maybe there was some reason she is so avoiding physical contact, talk to her on yahoo, and find out what the deal is!

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
ok, so hear some advice from the 'old as dirt' crowd (no really but I am over 35, well ok 40).

Go out and play the field, I know that sounds a little cliche but it is true!

You're young, go enjoy.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Usually the only way that the "just friends" thing works is if that is all you guys were to begin with. I figured that if she broke up with you on email then she probably wouldn't answer her phone. IF she gives you an answer to why she broke up you please post it. I'm just curious as to what she will give you as an answer.

Russell

·
Smoothmeister K
887 Posts
Thomas said:
So does the "just friends" thing ever work? I'm gonna have to say no. But that's what she wants. Whatever.

-Thomas
I tried that with my last ex. She really overreacted when I broke it off between us. I tried to persist the thought of being friends, but man, she became the most evil b¡tch that I really didn't want to be friends with her.
In summary, 95% of relationships end up in you NEVER talking to the other person again. Ever.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sorry to hear that Thomas. I must agree with the thought that over the internet/email is rather spine-less. Personnally I wouldn't even be so decent as to call or ask why, I would just roll on to the next one. It may sound bad and I know 2 wrongs don't make a right, but if they want to be treated decently they should treat others decently as well. That means giving explanations, and standing straight up and saying it to your face. Anyone can hide behind the internet/emails, I'm sorry but that is just lowdown and gut-less. Man, roll on and get something worthy....

Good luck,
Dave

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
That girl is shallow and spineless.

Now, you've got to ask yourself, do you REALLY want to be friends with someone like that? I wouldn't!

Get yourself out there! Have fun! Go do things that you couldn't do with a girlfriend, like going somewhere without having to call in, or worrying what she would think about.

--Molly

·
Registered
627 Posts
Nah... the "just friends" thing don't work. Tried that with my practice wife. We about hate each other enough to desire very bad things for each other (keeping it REAL PC here). Thought we were friends for a while, then favors were abused, knives were twisted in backs (ok... just my back) and things got about murderous. Then it got really ugly (went after my career and real wife). We don't see eye to eye or anything for that matter anymore.

Never works... but what I've learned is that you are probably better off having it done and over with now. Sucks to go 2 or 3 or 12 years down the road and realize that you are miserable.

There's better out there... and with a name like Thomas and a Thunderbird.... you'll find them. Then it's just up to the choosing.

Life is usually a somewhat long thing... you don't have to live it all tomorrow.

Good luck.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts