2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,910 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
Never seen that one. Cuyahoga Falls... only about 30 minutes from here. ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
I remember that car was on some auction site about a year ago. I think it went for quite a bit more than the current price too!

·
Super Moderator
11,872 Posts
Nice car, Driller will probably buy it. He's got quite the collection of Mark VIII's already.

I'd like to read more about the engine build, the transmission and how they got to 750. Is that calculated crank or RWHP?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Man that is a neat car. Really dig it and there's no way I'd be able to make that kind of car for as much as he's asking. Lot more invested in it, clearly.
Why is he selling it though?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
says 302 motor. So it is some sort of doch motor stroker with some sort of vortech, maybe a t trim or s trim. I would guess 750 is calculated at the crank off wheel hp.

Temi is the kind of bumper that is? but its an add on and has to be fiber-glassed in? I am so not in touch with the mark 8 world.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
says 302 motor. So it is some sort of doch motor stroker with some sort of vortech, maybe a t trim or s trim. I would guess 750 is calculated at the crank off wheel hp.

Temi is the kind of bumper that is? but its an add on and has to be fiber-glassed in? I am so not in touch with the mark 8 world.
There's a company called Legacy that does Mark VIII work, installing TR-6060's, those termi style bumpers (Looks like a Terminator mustang), extra seat and steering wheel padding, etc. I looked them up when I was toying with buying a MKVIII, but I got my GTBird instead.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,910 Posts

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I remember when those dohc motor crazies started doing that. I wonder if other chassis took to that practice or not.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Yeah, Geno started that trend.
If "Geno" was this guy's username across various Lincoln forums, he's now changed it to "ONEBADMK8".

But, I guess some of you guys may already know that. If you don't, you do now, lol.

·
Super Moderator
16,760 Posts
Anyone remember the FR500 show car Ford came up with circa 1999-2000ish(best known for the popular wheel design)? That had dual X pipes as well, only the second X was further back by the IRS. I always assumed that was the inspiration for Geno, but that was way before my time here so it's just speculation.

Personally, having heard the FR500 catback in person I think it makes the exhaust way too quiet. That too was probably desirable for the Lincoln "image" I suppose, but bleh...

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Lol. Geno = real name. ONEBADMK8 = screenname.
I saw someone call Geno by "Gene" in my searching. I thought that Geno was his username, not his real name.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
I found a video of it-

1 - 20 of 20 Posts