TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Pictures?, I'm thinking of getting one, and also a 75mm or 80mm MAF. Thanks in Advance.:cool:

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
KewlBird said:
Any Pictures?, I'm thinking of getting one, and also a 75mm or 80mm MAF. Thanks in Advance.:cool:
Good luck on fitting the larger MAF in there. Definately possible but not exactly easy unless you getting the MAF adapters too.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: Who's got MAC intake

ShadowDragon said:

Good luck on fitting the larger MAF in there. Definately possible but not exactly easy unless you getting the MAF adapters too.

isn't mac's tube made from 3.5 inch pipe (at least that's what they told me), so I was guessing that there would be plenty of room to put 80mm maf 80mm=3.14inches and 3.5inches=88.9mm, and also I thought that maf is connected to the tube using rubberized tubing.

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
KewlBird said:
I have the MAC cold air induction kit. It works fine for me. Felt a little gain in my car's top end....not much...but a little.

there would be a problem putting a larger MAF on. I have yet to contact MAC about getting some kind of adapter for a bigger MAF.

I havent had any problem with having the cone filter in the fender. I mean, it takes very little time to get to it.

Depends on how lazy you want to be. As stated before, I dont know how to get a larger MAF to work w/ the MAC kit. I will figure it out eventually.....when i get around to getting a new MAF

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have been looking for an intake for a while. I don't want to do it the "Home Depot" way. I bought the K&N F.I.P.K. and was a little dissapointed, it is great in cold weather but hot days its laggin. I found the MAC intake a few months ago and was a little weary about getting burned on another intake. I fell into some money so I think I will finally buy it if I can get the go from you guys. Also a pic of the intake on a 4.6L would be great.

Thanks Mike

·
2,028 Posts
KewlBird said:
hey, i finally got around to taking a few pictures w/ my crappy little digital camera...but i dont know how to upload them so that you guys can see them.

i also must apologize for how dirty my engine compartment is....sorry...been raining a lot over here..

thanks for any help.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

66dvlbrd68 said:

hey, i finally got around to taking a few pictures w/ my crappy little digital camera...but i dont know how to upload them so that you guys can see them.

i also must apologize for how dirty my engine compartment is....sorry...been raining a lot over here..

thanks for any help.

Hey send them to my email : [email protected] and I'll upload them for you.

·
2,028 Posts
KewlBird said:

Hey send them to my email : [email protected] and I'll upload them for you.
hey kewlbird...i got some help from Vic and JT ...so i uploaded them...
thank you for your offer..

for those of you who want to see the pics...here you go..

sorry about the dirty engine compartment....it rained a few days ago...and i havent gotten around to cleaning out under there. my digital camera came free w/ my scanner...and is worth like 40 bucks....so i didnt expect much quality and it shows...

hope that helps everyone get the idea about what it looks like.

take care

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Looking good, I think I'll have to get it,

·
Super Moderator
11,983 Posts
what is the part no. for that Mac intake system? and where would be a good place to get it from?

also, doesn't the intake tube heat up from the engine heat enough to heat the air going thru it? that thought just came up......

·
2,028 Posts
guitar maestro said:
what is the part no. for that Mac intake system? and where would be a good place to get it from?

also, doesn't the intake tube heat up from the engine heat enough to heat the air going thru it? that thought just came up......
wow....this thread is rather old....

Part# is 3603
Price was $179.50 when I got it a long time a go...dunno if they've changed the price.

where would be a good place to get it? Howsabout from MAC Performance?
1-800 367 4486

tell them what you have and what you want.

yes, the chrome might heat up a wee bit, but the air traveling through the tube shouldnt heat up much. i've not had any problems with the system. If you have concerns of heat soak or whatever, then build your own air induction kit from stuff from Home Depot. You could also get a tube from RichardM, but I dunno if he's still making them...:zdunno:

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Ubergay. Nice bend there to throw the MAF way off and make your car run like ***.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I really don't see the point in getting an aftermarket intake on a 96-97, seeing as how their tube is quite large, and does flow a lot of air.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
It helps...............

WaLieN said:
I really don't see the point in getting an aftermarket intake on a 96-97, seeing as how their tube is quite large, and does flow a lot of air.
I have one and it did help it.When I had my chip and 02 MAF in I could still feel the difference.Now that I am back to stock I can still feel it.It does help.
Chris

·
Mushroom Stamp Layer
844 Posts
Any dyno numbers ANYWHERE (not just you..not picking on anyone) for this product with a wideband O2 fuel trace to make sure it doesn't throw off the MAF curve. Before and after same day. It may look "pretty" but that bend is really in a bad bad spot. I really doubt that the tube itself gains much over the 96/97 intake tube.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Nope.........

seabass said:
Any dyno numbers ANYWHERE (not just you..not picking on anyone) for this product with a wideband O2 fuel trace to make sure it doesn't throw off the MAF curve. Before and after same day. It may look "pretty" but that bend is really in a bad bad spot. I really doubt that the tube itself gains much over the 96/97 intake tube.
I personally dont have any dyno numbers but it does seem to have better throttle reponse.If it was a sharp bend I could understand where you are coming from,I made my own one time and had a sharp bend before the MAF and had problems.I had this on for about 4 months now and no problems.With either 02 MAF or stock MAF.If I had the money to get dyno pulls I would just to prove it.It doesnt add huge power but it does seem to flow better,and flowing better will add a little bit of power,true?Even if it produces 1hp it is an improvement over stock,correct?I think I am gonna go up the road and get some dyno pulls on this,well once I get some money.Maybe I could call MAC and have them pay for it,think that would work?Hmmmmmmmmm..........that is an idea there.
Thanks,
Chris

·
2,028 Posts
kdanner said:
Ubergay. Nice bend there to throw the MAF way off and make your car run like ***.
funny...I've had it for a while and my car runs just fine.

same argument every time. If you want a MAC kit, get one. If you think it's crap, get a RichardM tube, make one yourself, keep the stock one.

everyone does something different to their cars....some things work...some dont.

as for dynoing.....perhaps in the next month or two I'll be taking my car to a dyno...maybe i'll try one w/ the kit on...and one w/ the kit off.

However, how long does it take for the computer to relearn the MAF if you reset it?

There's no guarantee I'll be going to the dyno (gotta fix my body damage, hopefully soon)...but it is a thought I'll keep in mind....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts