TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the topic says.

I'm curious who tbird/couger is built up N/A and pulling some good numbers. I know JL is at 254, and Goldbird was pretty high as well before he tore it down.

I know the stock block can take about 280 or so.

I think I've decided the long term goal is to build up a TFHS N/A monster. So i'll probably have a forged block built for me.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
KD said that he had 302 rwhp the other day.

Russell

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
why? It is easier and cheaper to get that much power from a SC.

I would guess the limit is ~320rwhp. That's with ported SVO stuff, forged, wild cam, etc.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GreenBird said:

I would guess the limit is ~320rwhp. That's with ported SVO stuff, forged, wild cam, etc.
N/A can be beat on all day long. SC can't.

Plus, build it up N/A and then blow it.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
chrisnack said:

N/A can be beat on all day long. SC can't.

Plus, build it up N/A and then blow it.
With a good cooling system, good tune, and a just overall well setup engine you can beat on a supercharged engine all day. You just have to be more careful with the SC engine. The low compression pistons will make the car feel a little bit sluggish until you get the blower on. High compression gives an N/A car a better feel. If you want more naturally aspirated power (over ~320) you will have to go 4V, and then get ready to open your wallet big time.

Russell

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
If this car is going to be for OT then people have had problems with the DOHC engines not cooling well. I think with around 300rwhp and 3.73s and some weight reduction (and good suspension of course) it would be fun on the track.

Russell

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it'll be for OT, I don't do 1/4 mile.

Obviously the Tbird is not the best OT car, but it's something different to do. Wheelbase is a bit long for cornering, but I think the tbird will do very well at high speed events, I do ok at alot of the low-speed tracks, any of them where I can pick up speed I usually starting pulling ahead on my times, I make up in the straights what I can't do in the corners.

I'm curious to see how I do this year, the trak-lok is going to help alot, and I have some more chassis bracing this year that I didn't have last year. And a hell of alot more power this year too.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
GreenBird said:

We'll see how close you are when my new setup goes together in the next few weeks.
It's going to be running NPI heads(Not SVO's either),and a Bullitt intake,with some good cams.
JL

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, as of today with the setup below, the t-bird put down 270hp/281 torque on the mustang dyno after putting a new air filter on and leaning it out a little more from a week ago. We are headed to the Dynojet tomorrow afternoon to see what the little 281 will put down. My buddy's car put down 233 on the mustang dyno and saw 256 on the dynojet on back to back days (with only 2 degrees and 3% more humidity on the dynojet)

The bullitt intake is headed out for porting next week while I wait on my hood to get here, and we'll see what else it will do.

Didn't Danner get 301 corrected at the wheels with the high CR svo setup?

Edit: I also got some preliminary n20 numbers on the 150 shot, and damn they are great, but I'm sticking NA for now.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
2Vbird said:
Didn't Danner get 301 corrected at the wheels with the high CR svo setup?

Originally posted by 96bird
KD said that he had 302 rwhp the other day.

Russell

·
Registered
615 Posts
2vbird, do you have the numbers for your steen port job. Also did you get the complete package? If so what all did it include?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Johnny Langton said:

We'll see how close you are when my new setup goes together in the next few weeks.
It's going to be running NPI heads(Not SVO's either),and a Bullitt intake,with some good cams.
JL
Stock block still I would assume?

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
chrisnack said:

Stock block still I would assume?
No..time for an improvement.
JL

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Johnny Langton said:

No..time for an improvement.
JL
LOL... yeah, I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do.

Was thinking about having Jim build a block, or throw something together myself.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ashish, I can't remember exactly but at .500 lift they were about 208 intake (?) and right around 190 exhaust. The low lift numbers in the power band were impressive, along with the power made there. Headed to the dynojet now, I'll put up exact numbers later. That's with stock replacement valves (stainless) and bronze guides and Jason's fees are very reasonable. Wish us luck!!!

96bird, I knew he made the number, I just wanted to clarify if it was SAE or STD

·
Registered
99 Posts
JL, you gonna go with an aluminum block and stay NA to lighten up the front or iron block built? I love the fact that you stayed with NPI's, Mustang boys hate T-birds that make more power through an auto and IRS than them. :D

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
2Vbird said:
96bird, I knew he made the number, I just wanted to clarify if it was SAE or STD
Sorry, just wasn't sure.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts