TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
That looks like a multi fit wheel. And I see your in rochester. Ever in the Buffalo Area at all?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Oh ok. I dont think any car but maybe a few different models. And if your ever in the area and wanna hit up a show or track or something let me know.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
No, No ANY pattern. But they will fit one of two patterns. One is obviously for the T-bird pattern of 5x108mm (I think, not quite awake yet). the other looks like a larger pattern... maybe a Mustang pattern.. 5x4-1/2".

We actually used to have wheels way back when (60's-70's) Called "uni-lug".. they had an oval shaped lug hole so just about any pattern would fit them, then you used an oval washer with a hole in just the right place to make them fit your pattern. I had a 73 Mustang with a set of American Racing Slot style wheels on it like that. Ok, history lesson over.... :D

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, definitely i have wanted to go to the track, not because i think i'll do well, but just to see how i do, but there really aren't many around here. i also can't find any pick n pull places around here.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Well Im going to a pick and pull today.I have a LKQ right around the corner from my house. And the only real good track is NYIRP just about 30 minutes south of you. And I dont think it will bolt to a mustang cause I tried to P/U a multi fit for my drag slicks and I couldnt seem to find any that were 8 inch wide. I was told to go to a stang pattern to get that wide of a rim. I have accounts with all the wheel vendors in the area so I CALLED EVERYBODY!.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Man... upon closer inspection... your rotor looks torn up... got a couple deep grooves in it.

edit: I was just guessing... Have no idea for sure what pattern the second might be..LOL

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it looks like that in the picture, but really it's just because for some reason my back brakes never get used. my front brakes tighten on the front rotors way before the back ones do, so the scrapes are where it isn't rusted because they never get touched.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Are you telling us the your back brakes never are applied?? GET THEM TO A SHOP... I've driven a car that the rear brakes weren't working (an early 90's GP). Never even knew it cause the brakes worked ok, stopped the car, etc. Until I had to make an emergency stop. Guy in front of me missed his turn and rather than go on and turn around he slammed on his brakes.... I hit mine hard and only missed him by inches and the grace of god.

the rear brakes don't do a lot, the front brakes do most of the stopping... but they do come into play when you really need to stop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts