TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know, there are some women out there who are independent and don't need someone holding their hands 24/7. I'd like to meet one of you. My girlfriend, however is very needy. She gets pissed if I spend any time at all away from her, like to work on my car, hang out with some guys (I'm normally spending time with 3 girls, my girlfriend and her 2 best friends, so I need to see some of MY friends every now and then unless I want to spontaneously grow a vagina), or (gasp!) spend time with my family. But she can hang out with her friends all the live-long day and not see anything wrong with it. I'm sick of the double standard too. Anyway. I'm perfectly content to spend time alone. In fact, I need to spend a fairly significant time alone, or I get depressed because most people are aggravating and selfish. So when I want to spend time on my car, she gives me this injured attitude and makes cracks about my car being more important to me than she is. Of course, that's not true, but when she starts making those little jabs at me, it gets closer and closer to the truth. I work hard at most everything I do, including our relationship and she just complains that she NEVER sees me, when in reality I see her at least 5 days a week. When I point that out, she then says, sure but never for more than 2 hours at a time. I can't win. We've been dating for 3 years, and it's been pretty good up til this summer. She harps on me like a married woman. And then she gets all depressed about the future-"oh, you're going to get drunk in college and screw some slut" Which of course is not something you want to hear from your girlfriend. Especially when I've given no reason at all for her to even consider the possibility that I could be unfaithful. I don't even talk about what movie stars are hot around her! I don't really expect any answers, I just wanted to rant and vent. There's more, but I think I'm fine for now.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
emotional creatures dude

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
What was that old saying; ?

....If it wasn't for that thing between their legs, we'd hunt em for bounty....

Why do you think they write book after book on men vs. women......lol

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Yeah, you get used to it after a while... :)

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
its like when you hear a story being told by a man and a woman on what happened to them.
the man tells you where it happened and what happened...straight to the point
a woman will tell you what she is feeling and this and that about her emotions and by the time the man finishes his story the woman will still be at the beginning.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
SloMo228 said:
If anyone ever finds a logical, even-headed woman, I GOT DIBS!!! :D
Logical woman........ hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha and she'll be carrying the pot of gold from the end of the rainbow right? :D

·
Registered
1,386 Posts

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i hate to say this, but if shes worried about you cheating , it usually means she is or at least thinking about it. thats my experience. also at three years. either shes getting bored or she wants a ring on her finger. this relationship sounds like one i had and it ended horribly at 4 years . same type of stuff your talking about too . i would consider your feelings for her and figure out if its worth staying together.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
They exist and I have one. They are a challenge to find. There is someone for everyone. Some guys like the emotion in women. I can do without it. But we laugh a lot together, among other really great, fun activities.

Sounds like she is slightly insecure in herself. That insecurity will get worse if you don't respond they way she needs you to. Either that or she is in love and you aren't.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And I think it's a little of both. She is insecure. She is apparently in love with me, whereas I am not so sure. She's nice, she's fun, but just too clingy right now I guess. And the double-standard thing really gets to me.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
You want to hear the best way for dealing with this stuff;

Tune Out...

For example, you pick an object while shes jabbering on and just daydream about it, completley tune her out of your head.

One night, my girlfriend was sitting there telling me about something (I was tunned out) and I carefully flipped the captions on the TV because she muted it.

She asked me "Eric, do you think it's ok if I go home?" and I just didn't hear it. Then she got up and I said where are you going? lol

The wonders of tuning out (Oh yeah, it comes in handy with five brothers)

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
mn12xr7 said:
its like when you hear a story being told by a man and a woman on what happened to them.
the man tells you where it happened and what happened...straight to the point
a woman will tell you what she is feeling and this and that about her emotions and by the time the man finishes his story the woman will still be at the beginning.
and I was like OH MY GOD!

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
EPelezo said:
and I was like OH MY GOD!
how could you been seen wearing that???

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I have had many of these same interactions with the ex. We broke up a few months ago after about 3 years as well. I was 4 hours away at a different school, went to walmart to get some rubbing alcohol to put my chip in my car the day she was suppose to come down and stay. i went with my roomates. needless to say, I didn't bring my phone with me and it was snowing a bit, she called about 100 times and then when she finally got hold of me she decided to stay. went out partying that night and met a guy. yup today they are a little more than just friends. after that things just didn't seem to work out any more. she also thought i would be the one to cheat on her. nope...

joe

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
whitecoug said:
I have had many of these same interactions with the ex. We broke up a few months ago after about 3 years as well. I was 4 hours away at a different school, went to walmart to get some rubbing alcohol to put my chip in my car the day she was suppose to come down and stay. i went with my roomates. needless to say, I didn't bring my phone with me and it was snowing a bit, she called about 100 times and then when she finally got hold of me she decided to stay. went out partying that night and met a guy. yup today they are a little more than just friends. after that things just didn't seem to work out any more. she also thought i would be the one to cheat on her. nope...

joe
yet one more reason NOT to take an ex back.

"don't go down a road where you know it ends up right where you're standing"

·
Registered
252 Posts
It's not only females. Males get clingy, also. Maybe it's more jealousy. My boyfriend hangs out with his friends ALOT. I totally trust him, I have never nagged about him being with his boys. When he goes to the gym, I don't nag. But the second I am going out with the girls or to the gym, i hear "Why don't you stay home with me?"or "You're beautiful like you are, there is no need for the gym." When I realize or it is pointed out to me that I am demostrating a double standard, I try to fix it. I try to be a good girlfriend and compromise. I understand we are genetically different and men are one way and women are just crazy. Women have to work harder than men (at relationships) if they want it to work because we are emotional. I don't think men plot if they are gonna cheat. I would never accuse someone of that. That's crazy. Cheating can be random. You have to trust until they give you a reason, until that reason comes, don't say anything about it. And I agree with alot of you guys about women. I don't like other women. I don't trust them as far as I can throw them. I have select few female friends that I have had forever. I trust them. I have quiet a bit of guy friends for the fact that I don't like females. Women are evil to me. They will screw you over in a heart beat if they want something u have (BF, jewelry, car, anything).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts