TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, let me explain that I am in college too, so dont flame me about the title.
Anywhoo, my girlfriend lives right across the street from EMU. And it seems like no one on her street has a freaking job, because inevitabley if I stay the night and have to get up for work the next morning at 4 am, there is some a-hole out partying till that time. A week or so ago these kids were lighting fireworks off for a solid half hour at 3:30 am, and I had to go across the street and ask them to stop. They did, but looked at me like they hadnt even considered that people might like to get up before noon. Anway, I digress.
So some new neighbors moved in on thursday and had a party. Cool with me, we were asleep by 11:30 or so, and they didnt keep us awake or anything. But I get out of work the next day and call her and some ahole got wasted, got a bottle popped over his head and kicked her three month old loaded Mazda 3 in the door it now has a huge dent on the back driver side door, and she is pissed off, and I am pissed off and....geez it just sucks. So she filed a police report and its going into the shop on thursday, but whats wrong with people to disrespect someones property like that? The neighbors claim they dont know who this jerk is, and I guess I will do a search to see what kind of alarm we should put on our cars, because this is B.S. Well if anyone took the time to read through this rant, I thank you for "listening".

·
Registered
252 Posts
That does suck. I was at UCF in Florida for a year and my friend's BMW X5 was hit in the parking lot and no one knows how or why. She had a huge scratch on the rear end. That sucks that no one has the cojones to say they did it and pay for the damages. I agree, college kids suck because nobody has any respect for anything. I did not grow up rich and what I have is what I have worked for and pay for myself. So, I can understand why you are so pissed off. Before I moved to Miami (and pre-bird), I had a '94 cavalier that I really didnt care about much. It was my first car, and I tore it to pieces, so it wasn't a huge deal if something happened to it. But since I got my Bird, I am concerned with dumb people in the parking lots of FIU (where I am at school now). So, Good Luck with your situation. ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
i go to UCF and someone keyed my car while I was at band practice or in the parking garadge, needless to say i was not very thrilled.

A week or so ago these kids were lighting fireworks off for a solid half hour at 3:30 am, and I had to go across the street and ask them to stop.
make a water balloon canon, a big water baloon sling shot, or get a high presure hose and rain on thier parade

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
I attend UMBC and I also work full time so i commute back and fourth to college. About many college kids in general (excluding myself and most others) they don't have to work because there parents are rich so the students can party, party, party on mommy and daddys money, and because they are so f****** spoiled, they do anything they want and don't have any respect for other peoples property. They don't know what responsible means because they've never worked.

·
Registered
144 Posts
they don't have to work because there parents are rich so the students can party, party, party on mommy and daddys money, and because they are so f****** spoiled, they do anything they want and don't have any respect for other peoples property. They don't know what responsible means because they've never worked.
don't worry that will catch up with them when they have to work much harder to make a buck in the real world, and those wild parties seem to be relegated to the frat houses mostly

·
Registered
144 Posts
Until you go off-campus
the only party i went to was off of dean road, but i am moving to arbor this spring so we will see

·
Registered
252 Posts
The best parties were off UCF's campus. I lived in Pegasus Landing and we had parties on the weekend that were huge. I worked also, I tried to be respectful during the week. On the weekends our parties would only last until 3. By that time, I was ready to go to bed anyways. And I lived on the top floor, so I was lucky. But my neighbors were major drug dealers, and always had parties during the week, so I learned to sleep through it. Now I can sleep through a fire alarm. I know it's not good, but I do. But we never destroyed other people's property. Thats just wrong.
yeah and Dean rd. had good parties along with the jefferson commons.

·
Registered
144 Posts
aww crap, i'm going to be living behind jeferson commons. maybe i need to plan more counter parties, beside me turning 21.......:xpdevil:

·
Registered
252 Posts
lol, true.... I was an engineer major there. They are right, UCF does stand for U Can't Finish. 21 is a great number... now u can drink, legally. I dont want a party when I turn 21, I want to go out with my friends. Usually I am the DD, not on my 21st. :D but thats over a year away......

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
ljbryant22 said:
That does suck. I was at UCF in Florida for a year and my friend's BMW X5 was hit in the parking lot and no one knows how or why. She had a huge scratch on the rear end. That sucks that no one has the cojones to say they did it and pay for the damages. I agree, college kids suck because nobody has any respect for anything. I did not grow up rich and what I have is what I have worked for and pay for myself. So, I can understand why you are so pissed off. Before I moved to Miami (and pre-bird), I had a '94 cavalier that I really didnt care about much. It was my first car, and I tore it to pieces, so it wasn't a huge deal if something happened to it. But since I got my Bird, I am concerned with dumb people in the parking lots of FIU (where I am at school now). So, Good Luck with your situation. ;)
i'd be more worried about the traffic on the trail:eek:

the speeding kids in the parking garages are the biggest vehicular issues i have with FAU...

joseph

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
pennsyfan said:
aww crap, i'm going to be living behind jeferson commons. maybe i need to plan more counter parties, beside me turning 21.......:xpdevil:
I've heard there are quite a few parties in that area, I've got a friend who lives in Jefferson Commons...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts