TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wondering this since elementary school. Now that I am older I think the parties' only purposes are to serve those who influence them. After all of this time why are there only two parties? Why do we need any parties? Why are there basically only 3 choices on the ballot? Having the name on the ballot is half the battle, I think. In the information age, we should be able to assemble and come up with a system better than the partisan crap-factory has been giving us for as long as I can remember. Anyway, I was reading the paper this morning about just this and had to stop to come post this. It didnt answer any real questions, but it is an idea. I just want to put these links out there and hear what others may have to say.

www.thepurpleplans.org

This was written by a guy who is friends, sometimes co-authors, with the guy who wrote the newspaper article I read. I am going to check out the other links at the bottom later. I think a "3rd party" economist would be an ideal candidate to help get the ball rolling in the right direction. Maybe in a few years we can dig ourselves out of this rut we are in.

www.americanselect.org

This looks like a place to vote to try to get an independent person put on the ballot. I am going to read it more later, but I need to drink more coffee and get to work!

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
Sorry Rob. No politics here.

There are other forums on the internet to debate and discuss this topic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.