1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
That's a shame. 93's are the best 5.0 year.

I'm looking for a 4.6 though.
autotrader says "1994-1997 Ford Thunderbird - 56 within 100 miles"
they're kind of hard to find where i am :(

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Is that 91 a Sport? Can't tell if it says LX or Sport behind the THUNDERBIRD on the tail lights. I think it says LX, but not sure. If I remember right, there was a 91 Sport (I think) in Omaha for sale a few months ago. I only saw it once.

I like that 93. If I had the money and was closer, I'd have that 93. It's missing one thing that I want - sunroof. But I can live without that as long as I have two windows. $4,500 does seem a bit high, but bet I could walk out with it for 4 grand if I tried.

Oh well - I'll keep looking in my area.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jack K said:
Maybe because they are priced pretty high compared to their real world value.
$4500 for a nice V8 car with 51k miles on it? I think that is a good deal. Especially considering the dealers around here (they wanted $9500 for my car with 72k on it!! I got it for $6500).

And the $4250 for the one with 58k seemed fair to me also.

Look at newer cars that are built MUCH cheaper with 125k on them don't sell that cheap. Just my rambling opinions...

·
Registered
77 Posts
tbirdfive0 said:
the 91 is a sport. the LX and base had crome around the bumper and the trim. the sport had the red strip.
http://hometown.aol.com/zenriddles/TbirdTail.jpg

http://hometown.aol.com/zenriddles/TbirdSide.jpg

Ok guys- Help me out here. Someone at the Schaumburg Illinois get together a couple of weeks ago said that my 91 was a Sport because it has the red trim. I have NO CLUE here. The Badge on the trunklid says THUNDERBIRD LX, but the trim is DEFINITELY RED. Not tape over chrome. The car also came with 3:08 gears and full gauges. How does one prove definitively (VIN checker?) if this puppy is one of these?
If you compare My red trim to the red trim on the silver car in the top of this thread you will see that they are the same. I think his tail badge actually SAYS "sport" however.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

$4500 for a nice V8 car with 51k miles on it? I think that is a good deal. Especially considering the dealers around here (they wanted $9500 for my car with 72k on it!! I got it for $6500).

And the $4250 for the one with 58k seemed fair to me also.

Look at newer cars that are built MUCH cheaper with 125k on them don't sell that cheap. Just my rambling opinions...
MN12's are around every corner and outside of TCCOA, they really don't hold their value . I bought my loaded '97 3 years ago with with 67K miles for $6300.
But hey, cars hold different value to different people. Some are willing to pay a higher or lower amount then the next guy. Thats what makes the car market what it is. To me they're over priced. To you they may be exactly what you are looking for.
My friends told me that I payed "more then it was worth" for my old Mustang, but it was a car that I had to have. So I see your point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts