TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A) you got that @#*&!! oil filter out and in ?
B) It feels so good to know that 5 quarts of clean life blood is coursing through that V-8 ?
C) You got it all done and cleaned up in less than a half hour?:D

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
cuz everyone b!tches about how hard the filter is to get out. Do it a couple of times yourself and you can get the filter out in 5 seconds with practice.

I feel good cuz i put great quality oil in + a motorcraft filter for under 14 bucks total compared to going to a lube place and paying 19.99+3 hazardous waste fee and getting cheap oil and a craptastic oil filter.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
work at jiffy lube for a while then you will find out that our filter is simple compared to some cars Ive worked on. I use to change 600+ cars oil a month. I would usually have a Tbird or stang done in no more than 2 min:D

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I could get R done quickly in the LE. Of course it had a relocated filter to just under the front bumper to. ;)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
There use to be these 2 big rigs that would come thru each month with there own filter. One was nasty caked with oil and mud. The filter was two times as big as my head I had to use a strap wrench and the pan took 10 gallon to fill. There was 50+fittings also that was the fun part lol

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
-b-

Once I got the oil filter path figgured out, its easy to repeat.

·
Registered
272 Posts
There use to be these 2 big rigs that would come thru each month with there own filter. One was nasty caked with oil and mud. The filter was two times as big as my head I had to use a strap wrench and the pan took 10 gallon to fill. There was 50+fittings also that was the fun part lol
50+ fittings:confused: What kinda of rig would that be?

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
laying on your back with the wheels turned towards the driverside and your head is underneath the power steering pump and your feet are almost touching the passenger side front tire.

in that position as soon as i get the filter a lil loose then i can get it off and onto the ground in less than 5 seconds....that is what i meant.

Anyone who has changed thier oil enough on thier own car can figure out the "secret path"....

:D

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL I can answer the initial question. It feels good when you finish an oil change because you KNOW you won't have to do it again for several months!!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
50+ fittings:confused: What kinda of rig would that be?
An 18 wheeler but without the trailers off course lol Ive had some older motorhomes with that many too thou. We had a motorhome that had a big diesel engine that was the same as a semi turbo diesel. One guy that lives around here has a f350 diesel so jacked up that I had to close the pit net and climb up on the suspension like a monkey with breaker bar and large wrench. Some of those ford diesel filters are on tiiggghhhtttt lol. One guy I worked with was so pissed off at jiffy that in his last two weeks he was reaming filters on tight as he could with dry gaskets. He wiped the base plate dry and put a dry filter on a F350 diesel then reamed it on tight with about 6 feet of extensions! When that filter came back it took about 2-3 hours to get it. Never take your car to jiffy they will F your car up. At the rate you get paid there no one cares.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
LOL I can answer the initial question. It feels good when you finish an oil change because you KNOW you won't have to do it again for several months!!
I'll second that answer and add that it feels good to know some low paid grease monkey hasn't left you with a nice little surprise in the form of a cross threaded drain plug as well! :mad:

If i'm not doing the work myself I don't trust anyone but a well paid certified mechanic to get it done right. Obviously paying a mechanic if overkill for an oil change so of course i do that myself.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
So to sum it up:

1) Get "In Position"
2) Figure Out "The Path"
3) Carefully route the filter through the "path" while remaining "in position"

On a side note, I was bored once and changed the oil with the car sitting on the ground with the wheels straight.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.