TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aeroform makes a body kit or ground effects kit called the GFX .Does any body have pics. of this on a THUNDERBIRD. Good or bad looking pics. are fine. Or is there another widebody kit or flair kit to use on it.

·
Registered
497 Posts

This is all i know about it

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
damn that looks hot.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The blue color makes it look like crap, white makes it more appealing to the eye. The back kinda has a old lambo look to it very nice. 8ate8 is that your car? any more pics?

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
that's not his car, lol, i can't recall if it was from here, or if it was on ebay a while back.

·
Super Moderator
7,516 Posts
I have seen that white car in person, and I have to say it looks 10 times better when you are right there next to the car. As far as bolting it on, it's not happening. They are fiberglass pieces and they have to be molded in with the metal on the car. Also the kit alone is like $3000 and that doesn't include paint or the labor to install it, which would probably be another $1500-2000 for a decent body shop to do it, and you have to buy the whole kit, you can't get just one piece, so if you put it on and someone hits your quarter panel, you are screwed.

Mike

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
That white one looks a lot better. I would like to get my rear fender openings flared out about 2 inches to allow some 10 1/2 - 11 inch wheels with some 325 Drag Radials to fit :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Areoform has a kit for the 79 -93 mustang convertible I was thinking about getting for my 83 convertible stang looks kinda cool, Cant find any large pics of it.

What do you guys think about the aerodynamics of the t-bird kit? I know there no wind tunnel testing done on it, How bad do you guys think the "wind drag" would be for say racing application?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
392Bird said:
That white one looks a lot better. I would like to get my rear fender openings flared out about 2 inches to allow some 10 1/2 - 11 inch wheels with some 325 Drag Radials to fit :)

The 460 was spining the tires before , after the engine work ,I'll need to put much bigger rubber all around , like the Viper or the ENZO. And since I'm gonna put a bulge in the hood , I may as well go all the way IMSA style . I'm still looking for a "BIG" wing to put on the back ,and get rid of that side vent . I did see one other widebody THUNDERBIRD but the guy wouldn't sell the car or tell me were he got the kit at .

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Sweet a SC with the kit and its 1 grand cheaper than the kit actually costs.
I am actually going to put one of these kits on a 95 bird as well as the stang kit for my 83 convertible. I already have the flyer's and order papers.

Why some may ask cause this is what I do, I cant do engines.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
still need the flux capacitor.

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
flux capacitor...lol, i called autozone asking for one for a 84 delorean, they told me that they didn't have it listed....

does someone have a pic of the same kit on a cougar??? i've seen it but i just can't find it...

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
mn12xr7 said:
flux capacitor...lol, i called autozone asking for one for a 84 delorean, they told me that they didn't have it listed.......
:rofl:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I talked to someone in Carlisle a few years back that had one. He had a few negative things to say about having it on the car. First off, The fiberglass was bonded to the metal fenders, this kit adds some severe weight to the car. Not the best for the performance minded. The kit really should be made from urethane or simular material. This kit allows for no flex and is prone to cracking. Again, the one I saw had a huge crack on the driverside near the end of the front quarter. He didnt pull out of a lot correctly the day he got the kit on and cracked it. just fyi

Rick

1 - 20 of 36 Posts