TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Widest Box put in the trunk?

well, I'm gonna be putting in 2 10" woofers in my trunk, and have a design for my trunk with the amp mounted in between the subs on a slope:

(made with Google SketchUp, and is accurate in size)

I have measured my trunk to be 38" wide. I would like to try to stuff this huge thing in there between the shock towers. What is the widest box people have fit in there? tallest?

(yes, it is in 3 sections, so fitting it through the trunk opening is not a problem.)

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
All of my boxes are usually 38" wide to fit snug between the wheel wells. I usually make my boxes 13" high or more.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
The front of the driver sections on mine are not sloped but the center section holding the amp is. I think mine is 36" wide and is equipped with a MS multipin connector to allow for removal.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool. so according to th3subtl3on3 I should have no problem fitting my box between the gap :)

and tbirdbrain, where did you get those grills? I'd love to get a set like those and color match them to my car :p (yes, I realize yours aren't matched to your car)

BTW tbird, are the wires coming off the amp going INTO the box (ie. through holes). because that is how mine is going to be set up, and it looks good

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
AbSeNtEE said:
and tbirdbrain, where did you get those grills? I'd love to get a set like those and color match them to my car :p (yes, I realize yours aren't matched to your car)
Well, you’re half right and half wrong. Right in that they don't match my cars body color but wrong because they do match the 'eye damaging' engine that is under my hood :cool: My little cottage industry is coating parts (powder and ceramic), performance and/or bling! You can have both. So the simple answer to your question is that i did that to the grills. Feel free to PM me if you would like more information (and anyone else that would like information!)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tbirdbrain said:
Well, you’re half right and half wrong. Right in that they don't match my cars body color but wrong because they do match the 'eye damaging' engine that is under my hood :cool: My little cottage industry is coating parts (powder and ceramic), performance and/or bling! You can have both. So the simple answer to your question is that i did that to the grills. Feel free to PM me if you would like more information (and anyone else that would like information!)
I'll keep the powdercoating in mind for a few other things, but I meant where did you buy the actual grills?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Kicker grills, right?

I was able to fit 38" wide, and 15-15.5" tall.

Taking out the back seat is easy if you have a huge box. I had one for a pair of 15"s that I had to do that for. Had fun getting a matching box and subs into my bro's Cavalier.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
They are kicker CompVR G12's obviously stripped of their original boring black coating and powdercoated to match my engine. You know what they say about a day without color........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts