TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing here and there different info.

I plan on ordering the cobra wheels tomerrow off ebay( Let me know if there is a cheaper way) The ones i'm looking at are 18x9 front and 18x10 rears.

So i guess i should be asking what is the widest rear rims i can fit on 18's or 17's. I want to run the 275 in the rear with 245 in front. Also offset i should be looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-Polished-Cobra-R-Wheels-Rims-Ford-Mustang-SVT-Saleen_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43958QQihZ010QQitemZ200159721637QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

And i'm loving this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-New-Black-WHEELS-RIMS-Ford-MUSTANG-COBRA-03-SVT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43958QQihZ010QQitemZ200159645758

Thanx

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unless youve done or are doing the mustang bolt pattern swap the wheels in the links wont fit.

Ok i see 5x4.25 And if i'm reading this right i should go 18x9's with 36mm offset correct!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Gee's umm i dont remember uummm call discount tire they will tell you i know 18x9's but i dont remember the offset... hint hint i work at discount we have all the info in the computer at wok

·
Registered
38 Posts
yeah 36mm offset, and you might need a 3mm spacer for the fronts.

18x10's, the only one's you'll find in our bolt pattern that FIT are made by Boyd Coddington. $$$$$$

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am running 18x9s on the rear of my SC with 235/75 tires and a 36mm offset. The car is lowered with Eibach springs. When I first installed them, they rubbed the fender lip in the rear whenever the car suspension would compress. I added air bags to the springs and kept them inflatted to stiffen the rear suspension. No problems with rubbing now. I am thinking a ten inch wheel would be too wide unless the fender lips were rolled and even then if the tires stick out past the fenders, you are guaranteed to chew up your tires.

·
Registered
172 Posts
235-75s, wow for a 9 inch wheel, that seems kinda narrow to me.you should be able to go with atleast 255s or more. with the 75s, how much does that throw your speedo off?

·
Super Moderator
12,423 Posts
I've got a set of the 18" x 9" Gun Metal Grey Cobra R's from Cudaz101 at The Custom Wheel Shop, not all of their inventory including these rims are listed at their website. Brad was very helpful and there's a lot of good information in the Gun Metal Grey thread. Last I heard, there was one set of these left.

I plan on running the 245/45/18's in the front and 275/40/18's in the back when I've saved enough money to buy the tires.

Edit: Holy thread ressurection, I just noticed the original post was October of last year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts