TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a wierd noise when only making a hard left turn. It sounds like a rubbing. I have stock wheels so its not that. The spring appears to be fine so I dont think it is that.
The noise is only there when I turn left. And only when I make a hard turn. It sounds like a rubbing noise and you can slightly feel it in the car too. When going straight or right it is just fine. My buddy Larry said maybe a bad rack. Anyone have similar problems or know what it could be?

Thanks for any help.
-Shawn

·
Registered
926 Posts
It almost sounds similar to a strut , I did here it on the right turns too but not as loud or frequent. I think its either the rack or outer ball joints, Im leaning twords outer ball joints.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I might as well through it out here too. I also have a problem that when I break the car tends to pull a lot to the left. I mean the whol stearing wheel turns a few inches on its own just from me pressing the break. I have heard it could be the ball joint and heard it could be a bad caliper. What do you guys think? I was thinking Id put in in this thread incase these two problems of mine happen to be connected.

Thanks again for anyone who replies.
-Shawn

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Shawn40th said:
I thought I might as well through it out here too. I also have a problem that when I break the car tends to pull a lot to the left. I mean the whol stearing wheel turns a few inches on its own just from me pressing the break. I have heard it could be the ball joint and heard it could be a bad caliper. What do you guys think? I was thinking Id put in in this thread incase these two problems of mine happen to be connected.

Thanks again for anyone who replies.
-Shawn
My guess would be the strut rod to lower control arm bushing. When these are worn, the lower control arm will actually move upon braking and cause your problem.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Im thinking the pulling is a bad caliper, and the squeeking is a ball joint because the Strut would probley make noise when you braked or when you hit a bump.

·
Administrator
8,219 Posts
Shawn,

The rubbibg noise might be the inner fender liner rubbibg on the tire. Had a similar problem with the Explorer. Just something to look for.

Joe

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rodeo Joe said:
Shawn,

The rubbibg noise might be the inner fender liner rubbibg on the tire. Had a similar problem with the Explorer. Just something to look for.

Joe
Its not that. We turned the wheel all the way and looked at its not even touching. I dont have aftermarket rims either so I dont think it would be wide enough to even do so. I will keep an eye out on that though.

Thanks for the replies so far.
-Shawn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts