TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i jus noticed a wierd rattle in rear... i replaced stock speakers with 6by9's had them in for a few weeks now.... no rattles untill a few days ago... i hear a rattle on passenger side rear... checked speaker 3 times pulling out & putting it bak in... cant figure out what the rattle is... in the front i hear a rattle when radio is off & on... radio is sucure in place....checked...idk but its driving me crazy...about to silicone all panels& anything that meets other panels...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
take your rear speakers out and reach inside the panels to see if anything has perhaps fallen in there. there was a rattle in mine since teh day i bougt it, and i discovered a butter knife inside there... dunno how that ended up BEHIND the speaker panel.. but it was there... lol its somewhere in my front yard now. but yeah, just check for anyhting in there. if nothing, it could be suspension. most likely upper control arm bushings or your tie rods.. jsut make a quick visual pass over everyhting to check for rotten or missing bushings.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Suspension???

its something on the interior...i pulled the speakers out & nothing is dowm there.. i get the mesh grill covers off so its not the clips.... i only hear sound when the bass hits... my speakers r new so its not them

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
My rear pannels rattle like crazy with my sub, I aslo have 6x9 in the rear, I notice it more when someone sits by the panel and puts some pressure on it. I have taken my entire back seat out and havent been able to figure it out( didnt take the seat out for that reason) but while I was at it I tried to figure it out and had no luck. I might buy some sound deadener and throw some on the spot where the panel meets the sheet metal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.