TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonite I installed a new Cone air filter in my car (stuck it where the air scilencer goes.)

I was doing some stuff under the hood. In the dark hehe tonite and I revved the car up a little. I noticed that my plug wires are arcing between each other. All down the wires. Only 3 or 4 of them though. I put on new motorcraft wires last year and new plugs.

The car runs completely fine no misses or anything. Should I be concerned? The plugs are not wet, but do have the norm grease/grime that my motor gives out. If so I will just replace them again.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
14,392 Posts
Uh, Yea, That's not normal.

Take the wires back if they're under warranty. I hope you saved the purchase receipt. I think they're warrantied for a year. I suggest swapping to Magnacore KV85 Wires (See my sig.) I swapped to these wires years ago and they run great. They also have a lifetime warranty.

The motorcraft wires are DESIGNED to fail in one year and one day. Sounds like yours failed right on time.

I'd say the insulation on those motorcraft wires is defective at best!

·
Administrator
14,392 Posts
No, I didn't design them, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I'm being facetious.

My first factory set failed at about 81,000 miles I replaced them with motorcraft wires which then proceeded to fail at 163,000 miles, at which point I switched to the Magnacore wires.

I'm just saying that HIS new motorcraft plug wires shouldn't be arcing between themselves in less than a years time.

Doesn't anybody read the technical articles on this site?

·
Registered
401 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to bring up a dead topic, but I got plugs and wires from murrays (motorcraft) and they are lifetime.

Hesitation problem went away, now on to fix the trans problem that the wires caused.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I hope you didn't make that yourself... 'sa little bit too much free time.

That cat makes me laugh, but it does kinda make me angry too. I like, want to punch it.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
it does kinda make me angry too. I like, want to punch it.
LOL I do too! Never thought I'd want to punch an animal, but I would pay some good money to just sock that thing in the face.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.