TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever read their entries for the Cougar and T-Bird? I edited both of them after just skimming them.

Anyone else ever do articles for them? I registered the other day and have created one and edited a handful of others.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
It was good when it started but then when the 13-16 year olds found it, it turned mostly a waste of bandwidth.. Pity too.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Too many kids/administrator ratio. lol

Browse around enough on topics you know a lot about and you'll see what I mean.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
I'm not sure I see what you mean.

I use/edit Wikipedia all the time, and I don't see any real problems. Sure, some of the articles need a lot of work, but I don't see what you're saying.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, for example, the Cougar entry stated that it shares the MN-12 platform with the Thunderbird and Mark VIII. Obviously that's not true (and I fixed it), but if a detail like that could be wrong for so long, there's no telling how many other details in other entries could be wrong as well. Wikipedia is written by regular people, not by professionals. I get that that's the whole point, but it also means it's more amateur than, say, Encarta.

Personally, while I'll never use it as a source for a term paper (too many possible inaccuracies), I do use it frequently if I want to know more about something for my own personal benefit.

·
Registered
208 Posts
CaliHwyPatrol said:
Everytime I see it I think about The Game and lose. Now I've gone and lost again. THANKS

~Chuck
Dang you! I haven't thought about that dang game for months...now i lost again :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts