TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the 94-98 fuel injectors are the same style. Will an 01 Cobra fuel injector work with the 96 fuel rails and the 94 injector harness? Thanks in advance for the info. I am so confused. :2huh:

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Cam on the harness if they use the updated stle conector I saved the explorer harness so we can cut and paste those but what we need to know are what style injector the cobra uses

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This does get confusing. Dennis says they are the same and so do My friends at Steeda. The seller believes they are different. Dan N is checking on it now. FRPP just lists injector sizes and they just say for Mustang. He is calling FRPP to see if they can shed some light. He did say that same style injector has been used From the 5.0 in 86 all the way to the 4.6's. I just want to make sure that they work with the fuel rail and are not like the 02 Explorer injectors. By the way 2 big parts boxes just arrived.:D

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I know for a fact that Ford changed their injector harness in the most recent years. :mad:

This link may help you determine what type they are:

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsFORD.asp

I think that if they are the metal case type, they are all the same. But if they are the later, plastic case, Ford changed the connector from a rectangular to an oval type.

When I researched the connectors, Max said the pigtails were $12 each to use the oval style injector.

Let us know what you find out. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts