TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know a lot about Cobra parts so I did not know if it's worth picking up a set of 10k mile 03-04 Cobra springs, I also did not know if I did get them if they would fit my 97 Sport???

·
Registered
917 Posts
What about a set from a 95-98 model?
mustangs didn't have independent suspension except for the 03-04 cobras. i don't know as much about, well, anything car related as matt here does, but i would think that the 03-04 cobra setup would be the closest thing to our cars. but IIRC from my reading here the setup is just different enough not to work on an mn-12

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Mustangs have struts in front (two bolts at the bottom is the giveaway), camber plates, and totally different sized stuff.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I remember reading about a site who custom makes springs to match your factroy code.

At this point my JJJJ's feel good but are near 240k miles

·
Registered
917 Posts
are we talking front springs or rear?

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
probably wont help but making a correction.

mustangs didn't have independent suspension except for the 03-04 cobras. i don't know as much about, well, anything car related as matt here does, but i would think that the 03-04 cobra setup would be the closest thing to our cars. but IIRC from my reading here the setup is just different enough not to work on an mn-12
mustang cobra's have irs from 1999-2004

·
Registered
917 Posts
mustang cobra's have irs from 1999-2004
i didn't know that. thanks for correcting. as far as i had been told only 03-04 had irs and 99+ had straight axle.

·
Registered
570 Posts
While the diameter of the bottom of the springs are the same, the IRS Cobra springs are smaller at the top. Not to mention that the overall length and springs rates probably aren't the same either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts