TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at some wheels that are 17x9 with a 6.5" back spacing. I am doing a cobra hub and brake swap and am wondering if this wheel size will fit? They will be going onto a 94 cougar.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
perfect! I will be getting some halibrand cobras for the car then. We held them up to the car and they looked awesome!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Front may need a slim spacer to clear the spindles. Usually the replica 9" wheels for the MN-12 cars are at +35 offset, which works out to around 6.42" backspacing.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I couldnt fit the 9" wheels without at least 1/8-1/4" spacer on the late model spindles. If you have an 89-93 spindle they will fit No problem, but you can not upgrade the brakes.

·
Super Moderator
9,318 Posts
I have 17x9 wheels with a +36mm offset and 255 tires, no fitment issues whatsoever. I do, however dislike how they protrude from the front fenders. In hindsight I would have probably gone with a slightly narrower wheel because of this.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will hopefully have the wheels at my house this weekend. I need to buy new tires before i can put them on and do the brake and hub swap though. I took a pic but is from my phone and not very clear. I will get some better pics once I have the wheels in my possession.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The wheels are at my house. I will try to get some pics of them tomorrow. I am excited. I made a new thread about tire sizes. I am thinking 245 in the front and 275 in the rear. I am open to suggestions but please post them on my other thread 17x9 tire sizes.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Front may need a slim spacer to clear the spindles. Usually the replica 9" wheels for the MN-12 cars are at +35 offset, which works out to around 6.42" backspacing.

cheers
Ed N.

I couldnt fit the 9" wheels without at least 1/8-1/4" spacer on the late model spindles. If you have an 89-93 spindle they will fit No problem, but you can not upgrade the brakes.
Thanx Guys! I will have to definitely keep an eye out for this. needing that spacer can be a killer for me as I will be doing this over a weekend and then needing it for work. I will order the spacers ahead of time. Cheap insurance of making sure I can get the job done on time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts