TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I take it you are asking if a 96-00 Mustang GT cold air will fit in a Thunderbird? No, it won't. The intake will not clear the passenger side shock tower.

·
3,734 Posts

·
3,734 Posts

·
3,734 Posts
will the actual filter not fit the shock tower
I actually fubared that. It will run into the A/C lines. The elbow that normally goes through the fender on the Mustang will not work on the Thunderbird. The filter attaches to that elbow. If you look at the CAI for the Thunderbird, you will notice that both pipes are different.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually fubared that. It will run into the A/C lines. The elbow that normally goes through the fender on the Mustang will not work on the Thunderbird. The filter attaches to that elbow. If you look at the CAI for the Thunderbird, you will notice that both pipes are different.
yea i saw

·
3,734 Posts

·
3,734 Posts
You could just reuse your OEM intake tube. I don't think those are sold separately. A lot of people just get a cone style filter and stick it on the MAF sensor where the air filter box goes, but that isn't really CAI. I know I have the Mac CAI kit on my car. It fits perfectly and it looks great.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea thats what i have is just a k&n filter slapped on there and the heating element is just hanging out

·
3,734 Posts
That is actually your air intake temperature sensor. As long as it is near the filter and it does not get wet, it's okay.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
so will that 30 dollar kit and those other two basically all do the same besides the filter
will they work the same equally

·
3,734 Posts
Yeah, they all work the same. As long as the air filter is not exposed in the engine bay, it is true cold air.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts