TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor blew up his radiator in his 95lx 4.6.

We happen to have a 96 parts car sitting here.

Anybody know if thats going to be a bolt in to his 95?

He doesn't have the bucks to get the 03 cobra unit right now, and since i have a parts car free is better than buying another stock radiator.

The only difference seems to be that the 3.8 radiator has a cap on it, and the 4.6L one uses the overflow bottle only.

Thanks,
JH

·
Administrator
8,034 Posts
Justin,

I just put a 96 radiator into the 93. It dropped in no problem but it bolts up differently, that's why I bought the upper mounts from you! I'm not sure if the core is any bigger on the V8 cars, maybe someone else can chime in.

Joe

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
can anyone chime in.i dont want to waste the time of trying to swap them if they wont work.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
They are different part numbers, so they are different. Maybe they are close enough, I don't know for sure, I only looked up the part numbers at rock auto. I know that for my 89, the replacement I ended up with the tranny cooler lines where 2 inches closer together than the old one, but it was 20 dollars less than the one it called for, and all I had to do was bend the lines a little and add 2 inches of rubber line.

·
Administrator
8,034 Posts
Tranny lines weren't a problem with me, except for getting the bottom off the old one.

Joe

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
thanks guys im gonna give it a shot anyway.ethier way the old radiator has to come out.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
well thanks to justins beating on the test drive the thing held up.so id have to say it works just fine.
Thanks for the help guys!
Larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts