TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week my 2003 Mach 1 flipped over after a lower control arm bolt came out on the highway after the dealer replaced my lower control arm. My car is totaled. The engine still runs fine. I was wanting to know how hard would it be to put the Mach 1 DOHC engine in my 95 T-bird? I was already building a 98 mark VIII motor for it. So I have all the wiring and sensors for the 98 Mark VIII motor if needed. I would really like to use the Mach 1 DOHC motor instead because of the better heads on the 03 motor.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Does the Mach 1 DOHC have the same alternator and PS Pump setup as the '03-'04 Cobra? If so, then you will have some fun getting it into the car. . . . .I don't know about the accessory mounts and it may be just as simple as getting the timing chain cover off of the Mark VIII to make everything bolt up nicely? :zdunno:

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
i'd be pissed and filing suit with the dealer. that SUCKS. i'd like to see it tho, got pics?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Damn. Good to hear you're ok. The car can be re-bought, you on the other hand...

Not trying to be a vulture, but if you plan on getting the car back from the ins. co. to use the motor and whatnot, I would be interested in the front chin spoiler (if it survived that is).

And yea, got some pics? :D

Jay

·
Registered
189 Posts
It's as easy as swapping a 98 m8 motor in there. Of course you'll be easy 30 rwhp ahead of the game with the 03 motor. All accesories and intake will work fine. No IMRC to worry about ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the quick replies everyone. I'm happy to hear that the swap shouldn't be any harder than the Mark VIII motor. I'll start on the swap after I see my lawyer Tuesday. Here are some of the pics of the Mach. Just click on them to enlarge.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Do it.I'm working on the same project now.I'm using Teksid block,03 cobra heads and 01 intake manifold.It'd be nice to see another dohc bird next town over.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Someones got to say it..... that'll buff right out... :D

Glad you're ok, that looks like a hell of a ride!

Curious, if you're using the Mach I engine, are you going to put on a Cowl Hood and try to use the Mach I scoop as well? always wondered what that'd look like.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies everyone. I'm happy to hear that the swap shouldn't be any harder than the Mark VIII motor. I'll start on the swap after I see my lawyer Tuesday. Here are some of the pics of the Mach. Just click on them to enlarge.
Wow! That is bad. Were you alone in the car? Looks like that would have been real bad on a passenger. Bet your lawyer loves those shots.

Brad

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
ouch....thats gotta hurt.....but oh well....just put a Mark VIII oil pan on the mach 1 engine, wire up the COPs to the stock EDIS wires, and that sucker should slip right in....im not sure bout the alternator though.....some of those newer alts have the voltage regulator and stuff built into in the EEC

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
If you will be going after the dealer I doubt you will be allowed to remove anything from the car until the proceedings or setlement are over.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was alone in the car thankfully. If someone was with me they probably wouldn't have walked away. The insurance company said I could have the motor. All the oil drained out while the car was upside down so they consider the engine as trash. They were going to just junk the car after I got everything out. When I picked the car up they were moving the car around with a forklift. I'll find out what I can take when I talk to my lawyer Tuesday. I wouldn't mind getting the seats also, if they would fit.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
how fast were you goin?

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm glad to hear that your ok as well. I hope the swap goes well, too.

Stephen

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
So how much for the seats? The back ones wont fit in a bird, but they will definitely fit in my 04 Mustang. Or better yet, get the whole rest of the car and I would be interested in buying it from you.

Darrin

1 - 20 of 44 Posts