TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 9 inch K&N cone filter (p/n RE-0920) fit on the end of the 3.8 intake tube and sit down where the airbox used to be with no clearance problems? I'll make a heatshield for it to isolate it from the hot engine air, but i'm worried it might hit the IRCM relay box?

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
my 7" fits with a few inches to spare

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 9". I had to put some electrical tape around the throttle body to make it wider, so it would mount securely with the hose clamp. Once it is mounted, you have to push it straight back then place it where the airbox fits and it is pretty tight, but it fits! Good luck.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Low_Buck_Bird said:
K&N makes a Fuel Injection Performance Kit (FIPK) that will fit your Bird. It sells for around $118.00 and looks to be a complete kit. I'm thinking of getting one myself. Check it out.

K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit
I would not waste my money on that even if I were rich. Just buy a universal cone with a 4" inlet. The only thing that makes that fipk kit so expensive is TWO little tiny L brackets made of metal. Is that worth the extra 80 dollars to you?
-Thomas

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thomas said:

The only thing that makes that fipk kit so expensive is TWO little tiny L brackets made of metal. Is that worth the extra 80 dollars to you?
-Thomas
Point taken Thomas. I'd rather save the money for something else, like that brake upgrade I want to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts