TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of replacing my headlights and corner lenses on my 95 T-bird and would rather get the headlights and corner lights off a 96-97 Bird. I am planning on replacing the hood with a 96-97 hood but don't like the 96-97 front bumper. My question is, will the hood and headlights from a 96-97 look o.k with a front bumper from a 95? Also will I have to make any mods to the bumper to get the headlights and corner lenses to fit? If any one has done it can you post some pic of how it looks. K Bond

·
Registered
970 Posts
yeah, it'll work. hood will fit, lights will fit.

the only thing you MIGHT do to the bumper, is some shaving by the emblem, but the way I understand it, that's not mandatory and it works fine w/o doing it.

-jw

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
That's not exactly correct. You can install the 96-97 headlight assembly and hood, but you also have to install the 96-97 headlight mounting panel, plus the 96-97 latch. Someone had done an excellent write-up on this, and I am sure someone will post the link, if I don't find it shortly.

EDIT: here it is...................

http://www.geocities.com/siccnsane/headlight/headlight.html

·
Registered
970 Posts
-figured the headlight panel was taken care of as part of the headlight deal
-forgot about the latch.

are you going with an aftermarket hood? just a thought being that some have found aftermarket almost cheaper than stock replacement.

-jw

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ya, I like the Cobra R on the most wanted parts on the website K Bond

1 - 5 of 5 Posts