TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been lookin at alot of wheels for my 94 Lx and cant find the perfect match. im stuck between the cobra R and the american racing Torq-Thrust M.. but i cant seem to find the torq thrusts in 5/ 4.25. any help?

·
Registered
67 Posts
go to the american racing website they should have all their rims listed with available bolt patterns and finding rims in 5x4.25 is pretty difficult slim pickings...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Also, check out the wheel shop dealer in the dealer's section. IIRC, its called thecustomwheelshop.com or something similar and the guy makes a bunch of wheels to fit the 5x4.25 bolt pattern. The new GT500 wheels would look pretty slick on a 'Bird.

·
Registered
987 Posts
AR does not build the TQ Thrust in our bolt pattern. Its a cast center with the bolt pattern aquired in the mold as apposed to a blank. So it would require another set of tooling and they are not interested in 5-4.25

They do build a few 5-4.25 but they are all FWD high offset wheels with no more than 7.5" of width.

Brad

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Boyd Coddington...

Designed, programmed, machined, and polished by some hard-working under-appreciated employee.

Sorry Boyd, god rest.

That being said, buy some nice wheels from thecustomwheelshop.com.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Also, check out the wheel shop dealer in the dealer's section. IIRC, its called thecustomwheelshop.com or something similar and the guy makes a bunch of wheels to fit the 5x4.25 bolt pattern. The new GT500 wheels would look pretty slick on a 'Bird.
That website is by far the greatest website for getting rims for our cars. And yes the GT500 wheels look awesome!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Will a 5x4.5 bolt pattern work on my 97 bird?

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
9,966 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
It will, but think about where that puts you afterward: now you have the rims you want, that cost some 800 bucks including tires (underestimation, I know) on your favorite car and no insurance that they'll indeed remain on your vehicle. If you REALLY want the AR wheels, do a hub swap. At least then you can guarantee that your nice shiny new wheels will stay bolted to your car and not running away from you at 80mph on the freeway while you go hurtling into a ditch.

just sayin'

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
thank you for opions Im not going to use them. thanks to your info, and i found some wheels from discount tire that I think look good. Im going to post a pic of them please let me know what you think of them. and dont sugar coat. thanks again for the info

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
maverick

I ordered in a chrome maverick and I didn't think it quite fit the bill. About the same price as the Cobra R wheel but not the same look. I am still shopping.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts