TCCoA Forums banner

Will Bullit 18x10 fit the Bird?

6K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  greencurse 
#1 · (Edited)
Here we are: Ford Mustang Bullitt/Bullet Style 18x10" Chrome (triple chrome plated) aluminum wheels (Car rims) Lug-pattern 5x4.50" +45mm offset (7.27" backspacing) On Sale - Free Shipping (deep dish).
Hub swapped! I plan to run 235/50 tires, suspension is standard height.

#2 ·
A 235 is too narrow for a 10" rim, usually a 235 is for a 7" rim.

-Miller

#3 · (Edited)
Well, I just want to get that "drift wheel look", when tires are narrower than rims.. I don't know about the problems that may emerge at these combination of parameters. Are there any? What can you say bout the quality of these wheels and generally what size is maximum possible for 18" rims with 24 offset. By the way my other car wears 195/50 tires on 7" rims and I consider the rims to be optimal for this size - can't even imagine what happens if I fit 235 on them!

They also got 18x10" +24mm offset (6.44" backspacing) (deep dish) What is preferable this or +45mm offset (7.27" backspacing) (deep dish) - (I'm going to use 4 piston calipers)

#9 ·
Sounds like you like the stretched sidewall look. I actually do like this type of style on certain cars. Some locals around here run stretched 275's on their E46 M3's and the like (mostly european cars) and i must say that i am in the club of bmw haters but i can't lie they do look nice. Their aggressive and makes the lip on the wheel stand out even more. However i will warn that if you ever have a blow out with a stretched sidewall it will not only destroy the wheel but be very dangerous as well. Just a word of caution. Plus if your car is stock height it wont look right anyways. Usually if a car has stretched sidewall tires it's for extra clearance in the wheel wells... AND please trust me on that, if your gonna get the balls to run stretched tires, you better be SLAMMED to the ground...

#12 ·
255/45/18 will fit with a bit of rubbing occasionally, depending on the ride height of the car. 255/40/18 will definitely fit.

9" at around +36 will fit all the way around. 10" is really too wide for the front, you can't get it tucked under far enough before it hits the spindle. Fine on the rear with around +35 to +40 offset, you will have to check e-brake cable and stab. bar clearance.

cheers
Ed N.

#13 ·
I have 18x9's on the front with a 245-45-18 and it's lowered. I don't get any rubbing unless you count when I go over a dip. On the back I have 18x10.5 and 275-40-18 and they barely fit on the wheel that is. I have room in the back fine and it sit's up under the fender in the front and back. You can't ever tell there that wide from the side or back it's all tucked. I would not go any wider then a 9 inch on the front really close to rubbin.

#16 ·
I'll Try and take some today. Just dont make fun of the primer on the kit :D

#21 · (Edited)

Sorry if they suck, just took them at work on my camra phone. :D and it looks better when it's clean lol Those a 275-40-18's on 18x10.5's on a 5 on 4.5.

#23 ·
I don't know to be honest I just had them ordered we did a fit test with the Mustang hubs on and they worked lol IF you need the off set I can call where I got them from and find out.

#26 ·
Yea I know there small. When I get the new motor in i'll burn these off and get somthing wider :D

#29 ·
It's lowered with eibach springs and tokico shocks and struts. In the front there is almost no fender gap at all , if i hit a dip in the road it rubs but thats the only time. 305's should fit on the back with out it rubbing. On the inside I still have about 2 inches before it will hit anything. I did run into a problem with the E-Brake rubbing on the wheel. Had to use clamps to keep it in tight to the car so it wouldn't rub.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.