TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i wanted to know if i put some SpringTech lowering springs on my car..will it be all bouncy, or will it ride the same, increasing handling?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Putting lowering springs on the MN12-Tbird/cougar/mark VIII body will not add bounce to your ride. It may stiffen things up a little, and DRAMATICALLY improve handling, but it will not make it more bouncy.

-Josh

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k, i just dont want it to be nasty on the highway.. ya know, like peoepl could still sleep while i'm driving ^^

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Mine was lowered about 4.5 inches at one point, and still rode OK, so 1.5 inches would be nothing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Only thing that you have to be careful of is bottoming out now that you are lowered. You cannot enter driveways as fast as you could with the stock springs. If you are adding the lowering springs, I would recommend that you add the larger sway bars which will significantly improve the handeling.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
the lower you are to the ground the more stable it is...or the lower your center of gravity....o wait....or was it um....GAH!!

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
BeasTx said:
Hello, i wanted to know if i put some SpringTech lowering springs on my car..will it be all bouncy, or will it ride the same, increasing handling?
I have these springs, dropped about 2.25 inches the first day, and have continued to settle to about 2.75 so far.....

I love my springs.......

Dave

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
So the ST are actually lower than advertised? Got a Pic? I'm in the market for a new set of springs right now.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
BeasTx said:
no bouncy

increase handling

rougher ride. i have the v6(not as big as v8 drop) eibachs mated to kyb's, and it is a lot less comfortable than stock, but i guess the handling payoff is worth it. and it looks REAL nice!

·
8,239 Posts
with my combo (bilsteins, vogtland springs, addco big bar), the ride is very very stiff.

I like it though. It doesn't ride like a couch, it rides like a much sportier car than mother ford intended.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have Eibach's (as of 6 months ago)and Tokico Blues (as of 4 years ago). They work really well together, IMHO. Not any noticeable difference to me in the ride from the stock mushy LX springs and Tokicos, but the drop isn't that large, either. Looks like what it SHOULD have looked like from the factory.

Ditto the comments about speed bump bottoming, curbs, etc. And your alignment will be off after the install, guaranteed. It should be able to be corrected, but the alignment shop will actually have to more than just check the toe, so you need to be upfront with them about getting it done right.

Good time to set aside some extra cash for upper control arm/balljoint assemblies, if you have any miles on yours. My upper balljoints and lower control arm-to-strut arm bushings were toast. Unless you have good shocks/struts already, now is a good time to do them as well. And don't forget to get the new lower strut bolts/nuts, and upper spindle pinch bolts/nuts.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I had both Addco bars, Tokico Blues and SC springs. Going to the Vougtland springs lowered the car and increased handling. Going over potholes is much more noticeable now. My wife complains about that when she rides with me. Fortunately we have pretty good roads here so not a big deal to me. I now bottom out sometimes and hit on tall parking curbs. It hits where the JL SFCs attach to the front. I have 245/50-16 tires that are an inch in diameter smaller than stock. I plan on putting on taller tires next time. I think that half an inch will make a difference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts