TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all,

I finally got my 95 T-bird running, thanks to the county... I had plans for the car, but delays forced it to sit for a while... The county didn't like it sitting in my driveway with no motor... I put the stock iron 4.6L back in and a 94 Mark 8 trans and torque converter... It wasn't running like it should upon initial start-up, so I figured I had bad fuel... Bad fuel was drained, and clean fuel was added, but no change... I replaced fuel filter, no change... I swapped out the fuel injectors with those from the Mark 8 motor I had originally planned to install; I think they are 24lb injectors as compared to the 19lb'ers it originally had... No change... I found the problem at the intake gaskets... New gaskets fixed the problem, but I now seem to have less power, or more correctly, less response than I remember having with the stock motor... I also have a LSD with 3.55 gears... That alone should make it jump off the line, but it doesn't... It barely gets out of it's own way... Could the injectors really make that much of a difference? Everything is pretty much stock on the car... I cleaned up the intake and exhaust ports on the heads, and have ARP head studs, but I can't see that causing huge issues either... I had the motor in my son's mustang before he was hit in the front corner, killing the car... It ran, "like a beast" as my son put it...

So, will the "bigger" injectors really cause such a huge difference in performance?

For those interested, I will be doing a DOHC / T-45 install on my Pearl White T-bird in the near future... I was thinking about going with the 6060 manual trans, but they may be a bit expensive and hard to come by used... I want to use a cobra computer and repin what is needed on the harness to make it work... I don't mind the labor intensiveness (if that's a word) involved with making the computer work, but I am not sure how I am going to get around the PATS without using a PATS system and key... A few issues I'm having is the drive shaft... My current drive shafte is 57.5 inches (plus or minus 1/4 inch)... I installed the T-45 in my current T-bird and it looks like I need to cut out about 3/8 to 5/8 of an inch to make it fit perfectly... Are looks deceiving me? I hear the aerostar drive shaft is a perfect fit, along with the Grnd Marq, but they are a full two inches shorter... the CV police is 55in, the 93 and up Aerostar is 55.5, and the older Aerostars have 56.0... I'm thinking something with 56.5 would be perfect, although a little shorter than what my measurements are telling me...

As always, have a really great day everyone!!

Cheers!!

·
Super Moderator
7,513 Posts
The bigger injectors without a tune for them will most definitely hurt your power and throttle response because you will be running rich all the time. Put the stock injectors back in and take it for a ride and see if it fixes the problem.

·
Super Moderator
7,513 Posts
I used one out of a crown vic police car. It just happens to be the exact right length, and it is a one-piece aluminum driveshaft that you can buy for about $100.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a local U-pull-it yard, but they use a fork lift to put the cars up on welded wheels so people can get under them... Every solid aluminium drive shaft out there have marks on them from the fork lift... They are only $16 from the yard, but I can't find one that is usable... there are two police CV's out there, and countless Aerostars... Ahhh, what can ya do?!

Thanks for the info!!

Have a great one!!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I have a local U-pull-it yard, but they use a fork lift to put the cars up on welded wheels so people can get under them... Every solid aluminium drive shaft out there have marks on them from the fork lift... They are only $16 from the yard, but I can't find one that is usable... there are two police CV's out there, and countless Aerostars... Ahhh, what can ya do?!

Thanks for the info!!

Have a great one!!
That right there is why I hate U-Pull it places.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts