TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just called and informed me that on the way home from the store this afternoon, that the CEL was on, and the O/D light blinked as well. She said that all the "guages" read normal, and she was running the A/C. The car was still running fine, so no obvious failures come to mind. Guess it's time to head to Auto-stoned and get the codes scanned. The 95's were OBD-II, correct? Just want to make sure in case the morons don't know what to do. That, and where is the plug in for their scanner? I have a feeling this is going to get expensive/time consuming. Thinking O2 sensors, but the O/D light baffles me. I will search and/or post the codes later to see what I can turn up. Grrrr, another wonderful day...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
'95 4.6 uses the OBD-II connector. The connector is under the passenger side of the dash, to the left of the glove box.
-Rob

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You:D Never had to have it scanned, and I don't like the fact that Autozone has to touch my baby. Not a lot of confidence in them, but it's cheaper than the dealer.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
The O/D light flashing is basically the transmissions equivalent of the CEL, so that would indicate a trans. problem (you said it was baffling you...so maybe this will help a little bit)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D Yeah, I've searched a bit, and came up with a few possibilities. I'm gonna start by checking the fluid level before I leave for Autozone, then see what I get. If it's a VSS or TCC solenoid, I can handle that. I need an excuse to drop the pan and install my 96 deep sump pan w/ the drain plug anyway. Just sucks 'cause I'm going out of town this weekend, and the wife needs it for work. I'm sure it's nothing too serious, just annoying.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, just got back from Autozone, and had one code in the EEC. I took care of the O/D light issue- the trans was a bit low thanks to a leaky pan gasket. I just retightned the bolts, added some fluid, and boom- no more light. The CEL code that I was given is P1407. I'm gonna search and see what comes up.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
P1407 - EGR No Flow Detected

Check:

The pipe for damage
The Vacuum connection
The Inlet to the intake elbow

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like I have a stuck EGR. Goodie. I know where its at (all the way in the back), and it's not fun. I may try to get some Seafoam through it and see if it will free it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts