TCCoA Forums banner

will not hold overdrive above 110mph

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Chris_Murder 
#1 ·
I know I have no reason to be traveling up there but wild hair every now and then...I have 4:10's and a bunch of other mods on the car..just curious if anyone else has had this issue..is it in the tune,trans.....answers welcome thanks for input...

#4 ·
I can get 127 mph outta mine in 3rd with 4.10's before the engine bounces off of the rev limiter. :tongue:

It all depends on your set up and where your rev limiter is set at.

The stock governor is set at about 106 mph. Are you sure you're not bouncing off of the stock governor? If your tune adjusted your shift points and not your top speed that could be the problem.

#6 ·
I have the same problem with my car. It's tuned with 4.10's (other mods in signature) and going into fourth at WOT it won't shift in to fourth. However if I am not at WOT it will shift without a problem. I have no idea what the speed is when it happens, more focused on the road.

#7 ·
Thats good tuning and perfectly normal operation WOT 3-4 will damage the 4r70w.

#9 ·
Are you sure its not holding OD? It's probably unlocking the converter. And it is most likely something to do with the tune.

#12 ·
Well if I am at all at WOT in OD (even after the shift) the car feels like its slipping. Maybe it is unlocking the torque converter.

#10 ·
Its dropping in 3rd without being wide open....trans is built 3000pi stall,I'm glad to see other people have same issue..don't feel left out thanks for input.my speedo is off by 10mph so speedo is reading 120mph when car is running 110 so that could be another thing gonna talk with my tuner and see if he can help me out thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.