TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are Erson regrind cams. The specs are .540 lift/.222 duration/210 lobe center angle.

Will I have problems with the valves hitting the pistons? Will these be good to use? If not what ones should I get?

These cams are coming on the heads im getting.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Need more info. The heads are PI heads? you have a stock shortblock?

Cams are inside heads on SOHC/DOHC engines. Our engine should be DOHC and cobra/mark8's Q(uad)OHC. :)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry,

They are 2000 PI heads with the stock block and pistons. And yes I know that the cams are in the heads, give the name OverHead Cam. And how you figure our cars should be DOHC? Its 1 cam per head, and DOHC is 2 cams per head.

See, we are just special that we need 2 cams :D

·
Registered
443 Posts
greenbird...tbird/cougar 4.6-sohc (single overhead cam)-two cams...one cam per head...cobra/mk8-dohc (dual overhead cam)-4 cams...two cams per head...

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what i said already but I understood what greenbird was saying and I was just ragging on him for it.

I know he knows what an SOHC and a DOHC is

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
just saying SOHC = 1 cam, not two and DOHC = 2 cams, not four. Besides, Using DOHC and QOHC would be true, and might bring some business from the ricer type morons "wow dude! It's got FOUR cams! that thing must haul!" LOL

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
The only way to find out is....

BlackTbird96 said:
So does anyone know if these cams will work or will I being hitting the valves on the pistons?
To actually put it together and test it with clay in the cylinder.That is how every cam designer finds out.It is a pain in the a$$ and time comsuming but it is the only way unless someone else has done it.
Chris

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im sure there is another way. Like:

Tell me the clearance between valves and pistons stock. And the lift on the stock cams and then I can figure it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts