TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you live in Iowa Im pretty sure if you look outside today you can see snow well I was stuck changin my oil today cause I am going to be moving tommorow 220 mile drive and well after I was done changing it I use Castrol Syntec Full Synthetic 10w30 all year round by the way and as I was filling a couple of snow flakes or a drop or two of water may have dropper into the cover when I was refilling the oil this wont hurt anything will it just burn off right ? I know its kinda a dumb question but better safe than sorry
Justin

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
WHERE ARE YOU MOVING TOO?! Best be staying near me I reckon.

Don't know about the water in there but I really wouldn't be too worried about it. Will an oil filter filter out water? I doubt it but you never know.

-Thomas

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah man Im moving back too illinois rockford to be exact but guess what 10 min away from drag strip nice very nice but yeah Ill still be back here a bit my dad still lives here and most of my family so Ill be back I want to come back for the next club clash .

But does anyone know about the water I just wanna be safe I mean its not coolant but so lil snow flakes and maybe a tiny drop from a melted snowflake on the bottle dripped in I know amsoil oil filter filter out water but I dont know about my Motorcraft please anybody any help is greatly appreciated

Justin

·
Registered
607 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. There is move dissolved water in the air moving through your engine then one snowflake.

Jim

·
Registered
137 Posts
You're fine.

It will evaporate off when it gets warm, and get sucked out through the PCV.

The real problem comes when there is either a large volume added at once, or there is water being added constantly, through a leak.

A few snowflakes won't hurt. Now if you stuffed a handfull of snow down the filler neck...

Doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts