TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 40 series flowmasters mufflers came in the mail today, will putting these on to replace the old mufflers throw my chk engine light on?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yay! ok, that makes me happy :) i'll have to post what it sounds like tommorow :) mwhhah!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Mine threw a code when i removed my stock mufflers and ran straights... but that mighta been from the huge flow difference. Loss of backpressure or something. After i disconnected my battery cable and re-set it... everything was ok.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Oh yeah, also.. if you're just looking for sound, then don't read this. But if you're looking for performance gain too, you might want to do something with the rest of the exhaust. The exhaust on our cars is really restrictive, and freeing it up should give you a decent power gain. Flowmasters aren't the best for flow, either. :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, i just put them on, stock places.. it's pretty loud! i love it! but, i think im gonna take of the resonator.. it'll be even louder then :-D i'll post pics later.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
nidex said:
It will only throw a code if you do something with the cats.
Here's a wierd one for you... I gutted my cats (all of them) about a year ago, and was running that way for like 10 months... Never threw a CE light.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts