TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Thats the same one I'am running on my cat without a chip runs fine.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Agreed. If it's calibrated for 19# injectors, that's what you have. No need for a chip.

You'll notice at least a slight difference in performance as well. The more you have done to your car, the more you will benifit from a larger MAF.

It's a good investment. I'd go for it.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
While it may work as "the man" would say it's bad to lie to the EEC which is all you are doing by calibrating it to injectors.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
timb said:
While it may work as "the man" would say it's bad to lie to the EEC which is all you are doing by calibrating it to injectors.
Agreed.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
First of all, did Pro-M make the tube chrome like that, or did this guy make his own chrome tube and drop in the sensor? If he homemade it, pass. If it's a factory piece, get the flow sheet for it and send that in when you get your chip done. I wouldnt change the MAF without a chip to account for it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
It's a pro-m unit I have one myself.

·
Registered
773 Posts
timb said:
But since it is calibrated for #19lb Injectors you wouldn't be lying to the puter would you? The factory injectors are #19lb?????

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
5.0 Chero said:

But since it is calibrated for #19lb Injectors you wouldn't be lying to the puter would you? The factory injectors are #19lb?????
Well yes, because the computer is calibrated for the flow charactistics of the stock MAF. It doesn't know the transger function of the new MAF and that can still throw everything off.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Repeat after me...."You CANNOT calibrate a MAF for injectors...You CANNOT calibrate a MAF for injectors...You CANNOT calibrate a MAF for injectors...You CANNOT calibrate a MAF for injectors...You CANNOT calibrate a MAF for injectors...You CANNOT calibrate a MAF for injectors...You CANNOT calibrate a MAF for injectors...You CANNOT calibrate a MAF for injectors."

Now. Think it's sunk in yet? You calibrate your EEC for your MAF and your injectors. Then and ONLY then will you have a proper system. Anything else is lying to the EEC which will give marginal results at best.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So basically get a MAF around the time of the dyno tune or chip purchase?

Thanks for everything!

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
KrAzyT said:

Thanks for everything!
Correct.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You still buying the pro-m? Thats a good deal.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
KrAzyT said:

Thanks for everything!

exactly! dont fool the computer cause it knows.

SuperchipsCustom, tuning by the people that know.

Repeat after me...."You CANNOT calibrate a MAF for injectors...You CANNOT calibrate a MAF for injectors...You CANNOT calibrate a MAF for injectors...You CANNOT calibrate a MAF for injectors...You CANNOT calibrate a MAF for injectors...You CANNOT calibrate a MAF for injectors...You CANNOT calibrate a MAF for injectors...You CANNOT calibrate a MAF for injectors."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts