TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it sounded like the only weapons they were going to make would be the custom shop ones. obvsiously its not the end of the world (esp. with millions of these rifles in circulation) but i think it sucks nonetheless.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
So how does the unavailability of these two weapons mean they are closing? Or do you know this for sure...like, did you read it in the news or something??

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the link i included in the first post has the news article.
I was just referencing the unavailibility of the model 94 (esp in .30-30) for the firearms enthusiasts on this site. A few places still have the pistol cartridge size in stock but thats about it, and you could only use those models for plinking and cowboy action shooting, whereas the .30-30 has been one of the most popular deer rifles for over 100 years.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I'd love to have a Model 94 Winchester. Didn't they originally come out with a .45 caliber model? I remember reading that one of the plusses of owning a Winchester (at least in the 19th century) was that you only had to buy one kind of ammunition to load both your sidearm (Colt .45 revolver) and your long gun (Winchester). I could be wrong. But if its true, then thats the gun I'd like to have, just for history's sake.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
traveler-

yhea they come in .45, .44, .357 i think. If ya wanna get a new one check out your local big five/dicks/ whatever gun store, cuz what they have left is probably all there gonnna get.no big deal though, theve been making these rifles forever, like you said i just thought it would be cool to have one for the sake of having it. anyway, the good news is there are still plenty of sweet firearms to be purchased.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts