TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side window fell off its track today. the mechanism goes up and down just fine, but the window is not adhered to it anymore. I pushed to window all the way up and then made the track go up to, so it holds the window up all the time. i can go down, cuz the window will just sit there, but the track will go down. right now my door panel is off and i can see inside perfectly. all i need to know is how to adhere the window back in place? what did ford use to do this? I need it too because since i cant roll down my window, and i have tints, i'm a little paranoid driving around. but anyways, thanks a lot to whomever helps me

Kyle

·
Registered
286 Posts
Same happened to me. I used a 5min. epoxy system, you mix these two thick fluids together and it dries extremely strong. Just apply it over that little tab that holds the glass and mount the glass. Wait about an hour to let dry, to be on the safe side. Some dripped on the inside of the door and when it dried it was hard as a marble.
Also make sure when you are mounting the glass back in place that it is shifted correctly. It can be off too much to the left or right. I looked closely and I could see a mark exacty where the glass sat in the tab.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Yea use that Epoxy stuff... should work, my friend used some Aquarium sealant on his old car windows to get them stuck to the other mechanism, whatever it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts