TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my drivers side window hangs on the inner seal (the black piece of rubber that goes on the door and then you put the panel on over it.) and it winds up dragging the motor (and my volts) down and then finally pulls it down with the window. how do i fix this. can i just take a prybar and bend the metal piece the rubber one sits on a little bit?

Would prolly be easier to follow fi i knew what each part was called

ill post pics of what it is doing this weekend when i get a camera, as wella s a few pics of my killing a set of tires (i love getting new tires.:D)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is thera way to fix this? or am i gonna hafta break outa grinder and grind away half of it to keep it from sticking. im thinkin its gonna wear out that motor before too long

·
The Parts Guy
7,303 Posts
You need to replace the inner window seal with a new one. Over time, the felt lining on that piece wears off, and the rubber will hang on the window.

-Rod

·
The Parts Guy
7,303 Posts
I have no idea. I had a few good ones in stock when I had this problem, but I'm all out of good ones now.

-Rod

·
The Parts Guy
7,303 Posts
You could do that, but then you're going to get the teflon all over your window as soon as you roll your window down.

-Rod

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
it could be that stupid bolt on guide just underneath that too , when they get worn they have given me some trouble as well

·
The Parts Guy
7,303 Posts
Justin, that guide wouldn't cause the rubber seal to fold down like that.

When the felt lining wears off the window seal, the seal tends to stick to the window and the window pulls it down, just as he has shown in the pictures.

-Rod

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
oh, i read it wrong then, my bad...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts