TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver side window will go up fine but on the way down it will get real slow for about 4 inches and then speed up again. Sometimes on the way down it will stop and i will have to push it to the point it will start going down on its on again. Is this a motor/regulator problem or is it just a gear/bushing problem?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
its a gear problem in the motor, its time for a new one

·
Registered
64 Posts
window problems

Your car may be different, but I just fixed the very same problem on my '91. I kept thinking that the in-out adjustment (12 mm. nut near top of door) was off. I got it so the window ran OK, but when I reassembled the door it started dragging again.

It turned out that the guide at the rear of the door was pinching the edge of the glass. On my car, the bracket for this guide attaches with a bolt (12 mm. head) near the rear of the door. It can move sideways about 1/2 inch. Pull off the inner glass seal to see all this better.

I slid the bolt and guide forward against the glass, then backed it away maybe 1/8 inch and tightened it. Bingo! For good measure, I used silicone spray all around the door gasket where the top and sides of the glass fit. Fast as new.

·
Registered
958 Posts
consider yourself lucky.......my windows don't work at all. driver side motor works, gears and track are fubard........pass side gears are just stripped.

·
Registered
630 Posts
you might wanna try to grease the track up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts