TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, heres the deal.... A few weeks ago, someone decided to borrow my car stereo. But I was in bed at the time, so they really couldnt borrow the key to get in...... so they smashed the driver's side window in to get it. Ok, had the window replaced, but they bent up the window run channel pretty bad and I need to replace it. I ordered the part (and the part that goes inside the door that the back side of the window rides in). But jeebus christ how in the holy hell do I get the old one off. I could have the dealer do it but the earliest they can get to it is on tuesday, classes start monday. So being the ambitios SOB that I am, I would like to do this myself if possible. Its a '92 LX if it makes a difference

- how is it done
- what tools will I need

any takers??

The Bastard

·
Registered
321 Posts
1. Remove the trim piece at the front of the door next to the mirror.

2. Remove the door panel and the inside rubber strip.

3. Remove the inner guide at the top center of the door with a 12mm socket.

4. Remove the glass by lowering the window until the attachment nuts line up in the 2 round holes at the rear and the center and remove them with a 12mm socket.

5. Remove the 10 mm bolt at the bottom front of the door next to the speaker.

6. Pull down on the channel at the top front and allow the front part with the bracket
rotate down until it is resting on the bottom of the door. The channel grips onto the inside edge of the window opening.

7. Pull down on the top rear part of the channel and then unhook the backside of the channel until it is loose and the back of the channel is sticking up in the air with the front side down in the door.

8. Pull up on the channel and remove it being careful to guide the bracket past the outer w/strip.

9. Reverse steps to assemble.

Hope this helps,
Mike Donley

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, thats probably the best answer I could have gotten. thanks a bunch MikeI'll tell you how it turned out when I'm done.

The Bastard

·
Registered
321 Posts
It will be a lot easier if you remove the outer weatherstrip as well by removing the one screw at the rear of the door and lifting the w/strip off the door.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike

That walkthrough REALLY helped, went off without a hitch. Only difference was that all my nuts and bolts were 11mm, but I suppose differences like that are pretty common. Other than that it was just right on the money.

BTW, I had to drive the 2 hours to my home town to do this (all my tools, and the parts where there, along with my dad's machine shop where it all went down.... www.bisbeeprecisionmachine.com). Anyway, my parents decided that now I'm out of the house and my brother is getting close, it was time to trade in their '96 Roadmaster...... so they got a '03 SVT cobra.......... jeebus chirst, thats all I have to say :D

The Bastard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts