TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright people I bought a window switch from summit, but I'm having problems installing it. My only real problem is hooking up the tach wire. It says to tie it in on the negative side of the coil pack. Which wire is that? I tried the wire that I thaught it was but no such luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
guess nobody hooked up a window switch with there NOS system!!!!

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
There are some here that have. I don't use one on my system but run it off the TPS sensor.

If you are running a wet shot then you certainly should have one. Most of the dry systems these days use the TPS voltage for activation.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
I have one but its not hooked up yet. What msd switch do you have the digital one or the one with the pills? I'll look at it and get back to you.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
You don't need that second part (tach adapter) that's for 99+. Easiest (IMO) is to splice into the tach signal wire at the computer or behind the gauge cluster - white/pink wire, it's number/pin 48 on the eec.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
this is what i thought you had.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MSD-8969&N=700+400122+301135+115&autoview=sku
or this
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MSD-89561&N=700+400122+301135+115&autoview=sku

the one you have is not adjustable is it? i have the 2nd one, and im returning it to get the one in the first link. you dont need any rpm pills to change the on/off settings.

like aaron said above, you can tap into the tach signal behind the cluster or the eec no need for that tach adapter

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You don't need that second part (tach adapter) that's for 99+. Easiest (IMO) is to splice into the tach signal wire at the computer or behind the gauge cluster - white/pink wire, it's number/pin 48 on the eec.
Ok now I hooked up a digital timing light to the wire around pin 48 and there was no signal. I did find a wire that was blue with a white tracer (I beleive) that had a signal but it was double what the rpm's actually were.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts