TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 LX came with a dealer installed tint job and I have never shopped for tint. My back window is starting to bubble and I am going to have to get the car re-tinted. I have no idea what the percentages mean when discussing tint. So how does it work, the higher the number the darker the tint or is it the other way around?

Oh, my car is Lazer Red.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The lower the number the darker the tint. In my state 35% is the legal limit. It varies from state to state. I had 5% tint on a car before. I loved it but it will get you a big ticket from the state police:mad:. A good tint job costs between $100 and $200. And make sure you get it done at a place that has a warranty.

·
Registered
277 Posts
yeah - the lower the number the darker the tint. the number is a percentage that denotes how much light passes through the tinting.

70% == lots of light getting in
20% == not very much light

TCCoA acutally has a link to the various states' tint laws: check it!

http://tccoa.com/articles/misc/index.html# (scroll down to (National Tint Laws")

PEACE
-ian

·
Registered
149 Posts
Here in kentucky the lowest is 18% on the back and 35% on the front. I have had both my mustang and my tbird Tinted with 5% all the way arounf sure is nice in the summer. Not any trouble from the cops yet :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts