TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, maybe this should be in "Misc" or "Interior", but for some reason "Exterior" seemed more appropriate.. ;)

Anyway -- simple question. The state I live in (Wisconsin), seems to allow 50% tint on front windows, 35% on rear windows, and nothing on the windshielf.

But -- 50% (and even 35%) is weak...If I go with something stronger (say, 15%) -- anyone care to speculate what the odds are I'll be harassed about it? What the penalties are like?

Also -- I do a lot of night driving -- how badly I'm I gonna be regretting a 15% tint on my front windows?

thanks!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
First off, I doubt you would get pulled over, and most likely they would just ell you to get it removed/replaced if you did.

It's a subjective thing. Take a ride in a friends car that is tinted, or maybe another bird owner's car at a meet. My personal liking is 35%.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GreenBird said:
First off, I doubt you would get pulled over, and most likely they would just ell you to get it removed/replaced if you did.

It's a subjective thing. Take a ride in a friends car that is tinted, or maybe another bird owner's car at a meet. My personal liking is 35%.
Yeah, I'm thinking 35% too...probably all-around, though. Might not meet the 50% requirement for the front windows, but oh well.. ;)

Brings up another question, though... anyone know what the LTV percentage is pre-tint? If I'm going 35% overall, but the windows are already 80%, then I actually need a 55% film. (80% - 55% = 35% remaining)...

Thanks!

G

·
I run 20%

and its really really good.... whenever I'm just cruising and some riceer *** starts flashing his highs at me I don't even blink :cool:

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
Re: I run 20%

grabejr said:
and its really really good.... whenever I'm just cruising and some riceer *** starts flashing his highs at me I don't even blink :cool:
Me either with 35%. Of course I have my auto-dimming mirror set to highest sensitivity too. ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have 5% on all my windows. On both my t-bird and my mustang. I have been pulled over a couple of times and never had anything said to me. The cops said how much they liked it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts