TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody tell me what is the best brand of tint out there. I dont want to go and buy the walmart special I want the best there is.
thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
my tint experience is that unless you are a pro....

or aleast a whole lot of experience. the rear windows on t-birds have a crazy curve at the bottom and I took my car over to have it tinted and two different shops screwed it up,....i got my money back. One guy swore of tinting t-birds after mine. The bottom on these rear windows curve out and causes the tint to pull back. I have had an estimate, (this is so cal everthing is expensive) and to remove the 5 window tint and retinted is going to cost me $200.00. personnaly I don't care as long as it done right. Which right now it is not done good.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
mikes right. a pro can hammer out the job in a couple hours and give you a lifetime warranty. unless you are very experienced you could easily spend a weekend on it, have it come out like crap and have to do it over. the rear window is a PITA to say the least.

for $200 i got all my windows done and got a lifetime warranty. depending where you are the price will be higher or lower. ive seen limo tint jobs down in florida only run $100 for tbirds.

i cant remember what my guy used, but i know 3M makes good stuff. take it to a pro tho.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Look for SolarGard's Quantum line of window tint.I have had it on my car for 5 years now,and it still looks great,and it has a lifetime warranty against color fade,and delamination that any SolarGard dealer will honor.
JL

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The hardest part about tint, is finding a good installer.

When you're spending $200 on a car's tint job that you'll be looking at/through for the next few YEARS, I'd be apt to get references from ANY shop that you are considering.

Ask them to see a car being done, some finished products, etc.

I found a guy who does A++ work, and will not only bring every vehicle I buy to him for tinting, but also give his shop high reviews when asked by friends/family about tint :).

Kevin.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Got mine done in...

...a couple of years ago. I live in FL, and the laws are 15% and 20%. That is how my windows are tinted. I have been happy with the job I got done. I did get a lifetime warranty on it, and have had no problems with it.

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
i'll agree with these guys, pros do it best. The stuff from Murray's or Walmart or wherever sucks. I know people that put it on, it comes out that purplish tint, i know you've all seen it....but hey, you can get lucky. I know a guy who bought 5% tint at a place, and put it on his 5.0 mustang....it came out perfect, his first time doing it. But yea, dont just go to the first place you find, search around for prices, or better yet, get some local's opinion.....usually if youy know someone, you get great prices. I live in detroit area, so I just went over the bridge to canada to a guy's place i knew, and i got the tints done 20% all around for 100 bucks canadian which is like 60 american! now, you may not get as lucky, but just search around, it's worth it....

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
but with a cougar, you hav e alot less window area than a bird does and hence no nasty pain in the *** back window to have tinted... i had to go to 4 places before finding one near me that would do my bird, but they did a pretty good job and got the rear window done in one piece, its still holding up. i had all 5 windows done for 180, but i got pulled over for expired plates and he gave a ticket for the front two being tinted.. i ripped that off, but i plan on getting it done again cause tint is so nice! -greg

·
Registered
137 Posts
mine where tinted when i bought my car and im thinkin about getting them retinted the tint is starting to peal off musta notta been a good tint job
:(

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
If you want to do it yoursef, then go down to a tint shop and buy some from them. I personally would have a shop do it, because some windows, especially the back, can be a huge pain in the *** to get right. The darker the tint, the hard it is to work with.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My rear window cam out bad

You can really notice it from the outside but from the inside it looks like crap. The tint shop had to do it like 3 times to get it looking decent. Looks alot better now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts